Communication with Referring Physicians : BMT
- We will communicate pre-transplant evaluation results and transplant planning information to you by telephone, fax and letter.
- You will receive a summary of the transplant when your patient is discharged from the inpatient service.
- You will receive bi-monthly updates post-transplant through discharge from the outpatient transplant unit (OTU).
- You also will receive long-term follow-up guidelines when the patient is discharged from the OTU.
- We also encourage referring physicians to initiate communication if any questions or concerns arise. The best way to reach is by contacting our main office at 615-343-7085 or 1-877-663-8422. This line is answered 24/7. There is always a physician on call who can be reached within a few minutes for emergencies.