Key Questions to Ask Your Doctor
- What is the name of my cancer?
- Which part of my body is affected?
- Why do I need these tests?
- What will you learn from this test?
- How accurate is this test?
- Is there any risk to the test?
- Will the result of this test make any difference to the treatment you provide?
- What are the results of the test I already had?
- What treatments are available for my type of cancer?
- What treatments do you recommend?
- How long will the treatment last?
- What are the possible side effects of the treatment?
- Can the side effects be prevented or controlled?
- Are the side effects temporary or permanent?
- How is the treatment given?
- How does the treatment work?
- Will I receive treatment as an outpatient or be admitted to hospital?
- How much will the treatment cost?
- What if this treatment does not work?
About Participating in Clinical Trials
- Would a clinical trial or investigational treatment be appropriate for me?
- What benefit is there for me?
- What are the risks for me?
- Why are these studies important?
- What are the goals of the study?
- Do I have the right to refuse?
- Can I withdraw from the clinical trial anytime?