Payment & Insurance Information
Things to check about your insurance prior to your appointment
- Do you need a referral to see a specialist?
- Does your primary care doctor know that you have an appointment, so they can assist in ensuring all the proper authorizations are in place?
- Is Vanderbilt in your insurances network?
- If not, do you have out-of-network benefits? If Vanderbilt is out-of-network and you do not have this benefit, you may be responsible for all charges incurred.
This information is usually available on most insurance provider's websites or the information can be obtained with a phone call to the Customer Service phone number on the back of your card.
Please bring with you for your physician visit
- A copy of your insurance card(s) will be required with the first visit.
- The co-pay your card lists for the service will be expected at time of visit.
Please keep in mind that if you should visit more than one department in a day these may be required at each of the different services.
Financial Assistance Information
- AccessTN Comprehensive health insurance options for uninsurable Tennesseans
- Social Security Benefits Fact Sheet
- TennCare Resource
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- Cigna of Tennessee
- Aetna of Tennessee
- United Healthcare of Tennessee
- For additional contracted PPO's, contact their customer service or check their website or booklet
- Traditional Medicare
- Railroad Medicare
- Healthspring Medicare
- Windsor Medicare Extra
- Humana Medicare Choice PPO
- For additional Medicare/Senior products, contact their customer service or check their website or booklet
Contracted Tennessee Medicaid
- Pedicatrics: All Tennessee Medicaid Plans
- Adults: Vanderbilt is Out-of-Network with all Tenncare Plans; please work with your current primary care physicians or specialists for Out-of-Network referrals
We have a team to assist a patient with any of the following needs:
- Billing for the cancer policies
- Questions on their billing statements
- Questions regarding personal balance owed
- Changing insurance plans
- Estimate for future treatments
- Estimates if you have no insurance
To talk to a member of the team, please use our online form or at your next appointment ask to see a Financial Evaluator.