- American Cancer Society Road to Recovery Program: Program that assists ambulatory cancer patients with ground transportation to and from cancer treatment. All transportation requests must be received by 12:00 pm the Thursday prior to the ride needed in order to schedule a volunteer driver. Information needed: date and time of the appointment, length of the appointment, physician name and place of treatment. Rides are provided by volunteer drivers. For Davidson, Rutherford, Williamson, Robertson, and Sumner counties. The request for a ride must be received by 12:00 pm on Thu the week prior to the trip. Sumner County has limited availability for patients needing transportation to Davidson County. Rutherford County offers trips within Rutherford County only. Contact the American Cancer Society at 615- 327-0991 or 1-800-227-2345 ex. 1
- American Cancer Society Transportation Grant: The Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center Henry Joyce Cancer Clinic has a transportation grant provided through the American Cancer Society. The transportation grant is for patients who are financially in a difficult place and are coming for chemotherapy and/or radiation treatment. The patient will need to request to meet with the social worker in the Patient Support and Intergrative Care Office, 615-322-7459.
- TennCare Transportation: Transportation for outpatient clinic visits can be arranged by the patient, family members or medical staff. If you have TennCare AmeriChoice, call 1-866-416-9209. If you have TennCare AmeriGroup, call 1-800-605-1111.
- AccessRide: 615-880-3970, provided for Metro Davidson County residents only. Specialized door-to-door transportation services that is available to persons with disabilities who are unable to use fixed bus services. Program eligibility: medical certification.
- Tennessee Department of Transportation Resources: Transportation resources in Tennessee at reduced rates and a user friendly website. To find out what transportation resources are available across the state of Tennessee click go to www.tdot.state.tn.us/tntransit25/transit.html, and click on the numbered area or call the specified agency directly.
- Angel Flight, Inc. arranges free air transportation for needy patients and health care organizations by volunteers. For more information, see the Angel Flight website.
- Other transportation needs: contact the social worker at 615-322-7459.