Clinical Trial COGACCL0933
A Randomized Open-Label Trial of Caspofungin versus Fluconazole to Prevent Invasive Fungal Infections in Children Undergoing Chemotherapy for Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)
- Protocol No. COGACCL0933
- Open Date: 11/16/2011
- Staging: Phase III
- Age Group: Both Child and Adult
- Scope: International
- Objective: To determine if prophylaxis with caspofungin administered during periods of neutropenia following chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukemia (AML) is associated with a lower incidence of proven or probable invasive fungal infections (IFI) compared with fluconazole.
- Disease Sites: Leukemia; Pediatric Leukemia
- Therapies: None Specified
- Drugs: Caspofungin; Fluconazole
- Participating Institutions: Vanderbilt University
- Secondary Protocol No: ACCL0933
Not provided. Please call for more information.