Clinical Trial ECOGGIA021101
Neoadjuvant Folfirinox and Chemoradiation Followed by Definitive Surgery and Postoperative Gemcitabine for Patients with Borderline Resectable Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma: an Intergroup Single-Arm Pilot Study
- Protocol No. ECOGGIA021101
- Open Date: 05/31/2013
- Staging: Pilot
- Age Group: Adults
- Scope: National
- Objective: 1.1 To assess the accrual rate of this study. 1.2 To assess the rate of treatment-related toxicity and treatment delay during preoperative therapy. 1.3 To assess the rate of completion of all preoperative and operative therapy.
- Disease Sites: Gastrointestinal; Pancreatic
- Therapies: Chemotherapy - cytotoxic; Molecular Targeted Agents / Immunotherapy / Biologics
- Drugs: Capecitabine; Folfirinox; Gemcitabine
- Participating Institutions: Vanderbilt University
- National Clinical Trial ID: 01821612
- Secondary Protocol No: A021101
The purpose of this study is to evaluate a new treatment program for patients with borderline resectable pancreas cancer (which means their cancer cannot be removed surgically at this time but the hope is that with some treatment it will be able to be removed surgically in the future). Study doctors want to find out what effects, good and bad; chemotherapy and chemoradiation have on participants- cancer and to see if it allows safe surgery. Participants are being asked to take part in this study because they have borderline resectable cancer of the pancreas.