Clinical Trial VICCBRE03103
Breast Tissue/Body Fluids Repository (SPORE)
- Protocol No. VICCBRE03103
- Open Date: 01/22/2004
- Staging: N/A
- Age Group: Adults
- Scope: Local
- Disease Sites: Breast
- Therapies: Correlative
- Drugs: None Specified
- Participating Institutions: Vanderbilt University
- National Clinical Trial ID: NCT00899301
- Secondary Protocol No: VICCBRE03103
|Ages Eligible for Study:||18 Years and older|
|Genders Eligible for Study:||Female|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||Accepts Healthy Volunteers|
• Any subject > 18 years of age with a breast lesion which is suspected to be cancer or a known breast cancer lesion (primary or metastatic) who agrees to donate tissue/body fluids. Collection of samples can occur:
• At the time of breast biopsy or surgery for benign disease
• At the time of breast biopsy or surgery for suspected breast cancer
• At the time of biopsy or surgery for histologically proven breast cancer at any stage of disease.
• From archival materials
• In a normal volunteer who wishes to donate blood and/or urine to allow for a control population against whom the cancer patient can be compared
• Subjects have to sign informed consent for study of tumor specimens as part of a research project.
• Patients have to give permission for their tumor specimens to be obtained from outside institutions for molecular analyses.
• All subjects participating in this protocol have to be willing to be followed for recurrence, relapse and death from disease.