Clinical Trial VICCBRE1393
A Phase II Randomized, Double-Blind Placebo Controlled, Study of Letrozole with or without BYL719 or Buparlisib, for the Neoadjuvant Treatment of Postmenopausal Women with Hormone Receptor-Positive HER2-Negative Breast Cancer
- Protocol No. VICCBRE1393
- Open Date: 06/23/2014
- Staging: Phase II
- Age Group: Adults
- Scope: National
- Objective: To assess the anti-tumor activity of BYL719 QD plus letrozole and buparlisib QD plus letrozole versus letrozole alone in increasing the pathologic complete response (pCR) rate during neo-adjuvant treatment among postmenopausal patients with HR+, HER2-negative breast cancer for each of the two cohorts: i) PIK3CA mutated and ii) PIK3CA wild tumor types.
- Disease Sites: None Specified
- Therapies: Chemotherapy - cytotoxic; Hormonal Therapy; Molecular Targeted Agents / Immunotherapy / Biologics
- Drugs: BYL719; Buparlisib; Letrozole (Femara)
- Participating Institutions: Vanderbilt University
- National Clinical Trial ID: NCT01923168
- Secondary Protocol No: CBYL719A2201
|Ages Eligible for Study:||18 Years and older|
|Genders Eligible for Study:||Female|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
1. Patient is an adult, female ≥ 18 years old at the time of informed consent
2. Patient has a histologically and/or cytologically confirmed diagnosis of breast cancer
3. Patient is postmenopausal.
4. Patient has T1c-T3, any N, M0, operable breast cancer
5. Patients must have measurable disease
6. Patient has diagnostic biopsy available for the analysis of PIK3CA mutation and Ki67 level.
7. Patient has estrogen-receptor and/or progesterone positive breast cancer as per local laboratory testing
8. Patient has HER2 negative breast cancer defined as a negative in situ hybridization test or an IHC status of 0 or 1+ as per local laboratory testing
1. Patient has locally recurrent or metastatic disease
2. Patient has received any systemic therapy (e.g. chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy) or radiotherapy for current breast cancer disease before study entry.
3. Patient with clinically manifest diabetes mellitus (fasting glucose > 120 mg/dl or 6.7 mmol/L), or documented steroid induced diabetes mellitus
4. Certain scores on an anxiety and depression mood questionnaires
5. Other protocol-defined inclusion/exclusion criteria may apply