Clinical Trial VICCREACH1341
Using a Tailored Navigation Intervention to Prepare Patients and Their Support Person for the Journey at Time of Cancer Diagnosis and at Transition into Survivorship
- Protocol No. VICCREACH1341
- Open Date: 09/05/2013
- Staging: Pilot
- Age Group: Adults
- Scope: Local
- Objective: 1. Gather and analyze qualitative data from the target population (cancer survivors treated at a comprehensive cancer center and at a minority serving institution) to identify their socioeconomic, psychosocial, functional and practical needs and assets (Pilot #1). 2. Based on findings from the qualitative data combined with findings from a parallel quantitative cohort study of survivors (Pilot #2), develop a tailored intervention to reduce cancer survivorship health disparities. 3. Pre-test the intervention on a small sample of cancer survivors to assess feasibility and to refine the pilot intervention study (Pilot #3) in preparation for a large intervention study.
- Disease Sites: Breast; Prostate; Colon; Rectal; Lung
- Therapies: None Specified
- Drugs: None Specified
- Participating Institutions: Vanderbilt UniversityMeharry Medical College
- Secondary Protocol No: Not Specified
Not provided. Please call for more information.