Clinical Trial VICCTHN1379
A Phase III, Double-Blind, Randomised, Placebo-Controlled Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of Selumetinib (AZD6244; ARRY-142886) (Hyd-Sulfate) in Combination with Docetaxel, in Patients receiving second line treatment for KRAS Mutation-Positive Locally Advanced or Metastatic Non Small Cell Lung Cancer (Stage IIIB/IV) (SELECT-1)
- Protocol No. VICCTHN1379
- Open Date: 02/21/2014
- Staging: Phase III
- Age Group: Adults
- Scope: National
- Objective: To assess the efficacy in terms of Progression Free Survival (PFS) of selumetinib in combination with docetaxel compared to placebo in combination with docetaxel.
- Disease Sites: Lung
- Therapies: Molecular Targeted Agents / Immunotherapy / Biologics
- Drugs: Docetaxel; Docetaxel (Taxotere); G-CSF; Selumetinib
- Participating Institutions: Vanderbilt University
- National Clinical Trial ID: NCT# 01933932
- Secondary Protocol No: D1532C00079
Patients are being asked to take part in this research study because they have been given a diagnosis of a specific type of lung cancer called -non-small cell lung cancer- (NSCLC). The study is being carried out to see if a new cancer treatment, selumetinib in combination with an established chemotherapy (docetaxel) is more effective than the chemotherapy on its own.