Annette S. Kim, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology
- Clinical Trials Information
- Clinical Trials: 1-800-811-8480
- Online Self-Referral Form
- Other Telephone NumbersDivision of Hematology/Oncology
Nashville Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- FaxesDivision of Hematology/Oncology Fax
Nashville Veterans Affairs Medical Center Fax
My research is focused on the contribution of microRNA to the phenotype of myelodysplastic syndromes. This research seeks to improve the diagnosis, prognosis, and therapy of patients with MDS.
I am interested in all aspects of hematopathology and molecular pathology, with a special interest in hematopoietic malignancies.
- Rosado, FG, Kim, AS Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis: an update on diagnosis and pathogenesis. Am J Clin Pathol, 139(6), 713-27, 2013.
- Seegmiller, AC, Wasserman, A, Kim, AS, Kressin, MK, Marx, ER, Zutter, MM, Mosse, CA Limited Utility of Fluorescence in Situ Hybridization for Common Abnormalities of Myelodysplastic Syndrome at First Presentation and Follow-up of Myeloid Neoplasms. Leuk Lymphoma, 2013.
- Erdogan, B, Bosompem, A, Peng, D, Han, L, Smith, E, Kennedy, ME, Alford, CE, Wu, H, Zhao, Z, Mosse, CA, El-Rifai, W, Kim, AS Methylation of promoters of microRNAs and their host genes in myelodysplastic syndromes. Leuk Lymphoma, 2013.
- Kressin, MK, Kim, AS Incidence of transient single metaphase chromosomal abnormalities identified by routine metaphase cytogenetics in bone marrow specimens. Leuk Lymphoma, 53(10), 2080-2, 2012.
- Kressin, MK, Kim, AS Metastatic Merkel cell carcinoma in the bone marrow of a patient with plasma cell myeloma and therapy-related myelodysplastic syndrome. Int J Clin Exp Pathol, 5(9), 1007-12, 2012.
- Hart, AJ, Jagasia, MH, Kim, AS, Mosse, CA, Savani, BN, Kassim, A Minimal residual disease in myeloma: are we there yet. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant, 18(12), 1790-9, 2012.
- Chmielecki, J, Peifer, M, Viale, A, Hutchinson, K, Giltnane, J, Socci, ND, Hollis, CJ, Dean, RS, Yenamandra, A, Jagasia, M, Kim, AS, Dav¿¿, UP, Thomas, RK, Pao, W Systematic screen for tyrosine kinase rearrangements identifies a novel C6orf204-PDGFRB fusion in a patient with recurrent T-ALL and an associated myeloproliferative neoplasm. Genes Chromosomes Cancer, 51(1), 54-65, 2012.
- Erickson, JJ, Gilchuk, P, Hastings, AK, Tollefson, SJ, Johnson, M, Downing, MB, Boyd, KL, Johnson, JE, Kim, AS, Joyce, S, Williams, JV Viral acute lower respiratory infections impair CD8+ T cells through PD-1. J Clin Invest, 122(8), 2967-82, 2012.
- Erdogan, B, Facey, C, Qualtieri, J, Tedesco, J, Rinker, E, Isett, RB, Tobias, J, Baldwin, DA, Thompson, JE, Carroll, M, Kim, AS Diagnostic microRNAs in myelodysplastic syndrome. Exp Hematol, 39(9), 915-926.e2, 2011.
- Simons, CM, Stratton, CW, Kim, AS Peripheral blood eosinophilia as a clue to the diagnosis of an occult Coccidioides infection. Hum Pathol, 42(3), 449-53, 2011.
- Ma, L, Katz, Y, Sharan, KP, Schwarting, R, Kim, AS Epstein-Barr virus positive anaplastic large cell lymphoma: myth or reality. Int J Clin Exp Pathol, 4(1), 100-10, 2010.