C. Chad Quarles, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
Vanderbilt University Institute of Imaging Science
1161 21st Ave South, AA 1105 MCN
Nashville, TN 37232-2310
Dr. Quarles's research focuses on the development and validation of multi-modal imaging methods for the non-invasive assessment of cancer pathophysiology. Using MRI, PET and SPECT imaging techniques, his lab investigates markers of abnormal cancer microstructure, metabolism, and angiogenesis in cancer.
- B.S., Biophysics, Centenary College of Louisiana
- Ph.D., Biophysics, Medical College of Wisconsin
Dr. Quarles's research focuses on the development and validation of multi-modal imaging methods for the non-invasive assessment of cancer and renal pathophysiology. Using MRI, PET and SPECT imaging techniques with and without targeted contrast agents his lab investigates markers of abnormal cancer metabolism, oxygenation status and angiogenesis in pre-clinical models of cancer.
- Dortch, RD, Yankeelov, TE, Yue, Z, Quarles, CC, Gore, JC, Does, MD Evidence of multiexponential T2 in rat glioblastoma. NMR Biomed, 22(6), 609-18, 2009.
- Quarles, CC, Lepage, M, Gorden, DL, Fingleton, B, Yankeelov, TE, Price, RR, Matrisian, LM, Gore, JC, McIntyre, JO Functional colonography of Min mice using dark lumen dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI. Magn Reson Med, 60(3), 718-26, 2008.
- Colvin, DC, Yankeelov, TE, Does, MD, Yue, Z, Quarles, C, Gore, JC New insights into tumor microstructure using temporal diffusion spectroscopy. Cancer Res, 68(14), 5941-7, 2008.
- Quarles, CC, Schmainda, KM Assessment of the morphological and functional effects of the anti-angiogenic agent SU11657 on 9L gliosarcoma vasculature using dynamic susceptibility contrast MRI. Magn Reson Med, 57(4), 680-7, 2007.
- Lepage, M, Dow, WC, Melchior, M, You, Y, Fingleton, B, Quarles, CC, PÃ©pin, C, Gore, JC, Matrisian, LM, McIntyre, JO Noninvasive detection of matrix metalloproteinase activity in vivo using a novel magnetic resonance imaging contrast agent with a solubility switch. Mol Imaging, 6(6), 393-403, 2007.
- Yankeelov, TE, Niermann, KJ, Huamani, J, Kim, DW, Quarles, CC, Fleischer, AC, Hallahan, DE, Price, RR, Gore, JC Correlation between estimates of tumor perfusion from microbubble contrast-enhanced sonography and dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging. J Ultrasound Med, 25(4), 487-97, 2006.
- Quarles, CC, Krouwer, HG, Rand, SD, Schmainda, KM Dexamethasone normalizes brain tumor hemodynamics as indicated by dynamic susceptibility contrast MRI perfusion parameters. Technol Cancer Res Treat, 4(3), 245-9, 2005.
- Quarles, CC, Ward, BD, Schmainda, KM Improving the reliability of obtaining tumor hemodynamic parameters in the presence of contrast agent extravasation. Magn Reson Med, 53(6), 1307-16, 2005.