Dana B Cardin, M.D., MSCI
Assistant Professor of Medicine (Hematology/Oncology)
- Clinical Trials Information
- Clinical Trials: 1-800-811-8480
- Online Self-Referral Form
- Other Telephone NumbersHenry-Joyce Cancer Clinic
615-936-8422 or 1-877-936-8422
- FaxesHenry-Joyce Cancer Clinic Fax
Henry-Joyce Cancer Clinic
1301 Medical Center Drive, Suite 1710
Nashville, Tennessee 37232-7415
Division of Hematology/Oncology
2220 Pierce Avenue, 777 PRB
Nashville, TN 37232-6307
Dr. Cardin is an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Hematology/Oncology. After receiving her undergraduate degree in Biology from the University of North Carolina, Dr.
Read more ....
Dr. Cardin is an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Hematology/Oncology. After receiving her undergraduate degree in Biology from the University of North Carolina, Dr. Cardin worked for two years in a translational research lab that used gene targeting techniques to create mouse modeling systems to better understand human disease. After this invaluable research experience, she attended medical school at the University of North Carolina, and went on to match at NYU in Diagnostic Radiology. Dr. Cardin did her internship in Internal Medicine at Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York, NY, and this year of patient care led her to switch paths and she subsequently came to Vanderbilt University Medical Center to complete her residency in Internal Medicine. She completed her Fellowship in Hematology/Oncology in 2009, after serving for one year as the Carol and James O'Hare Chief Fellow. She is a graduate of the Master of Science in Clinical Investigation Program at Vanderbilt. Dr. Cardin specializes in malignancies of the gastrointestinal tract with a research interest in phase I and pancreas cancer trials. She is an active member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the American Association for Cancer Research.
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, Doctor of Medicine, 2003
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Mt. Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY, 2004
- Resident, Internal Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, 2006
- Fellow, Medical Oncology and Hematology, Vanderbilt University, 2009
- Carol and James O'Hare Chief Fellow, Medical Oncology and Hematology, Vanderbilt University, 2009
- Master of Science in Clinical Investigation, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 2010