Daniel B. Brown, M.D.
Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
Director, Interventional Oncology
- Clinical Trials Information
- Clinical Trials: 1-800-811-8480
- Online Self-Referral Form
- Other Telephone NumbersHenry-Joyce Cancer Clinic
(615) 936-8422 or 1 (877) 936-8422
- FaxesHenry-Joyce Cancer Clinic Fax
Henry-Joyce Cancer Clinic
1301 Medical Center Drive, Suite 1710
Nashville, Tennessee 37232-7415
Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences
1161-21st Avenue S.
CCC-1118 Medical Center North
Nashville, TN 37232-2675
Dr. Brown focuses his clinical work on Interventional Oncology, a subspecialty which uses imaging to guide minimally invasive cancer treatments. He treats both primary and metastatic tumors to the liver with radioactive beads and chemoembolization. Treated tumor types include hepatocellular carcinoma, cholangiocarcinoma, neuroendocrine tumor, colorectal cancer, breast cancer, melanoma, and soft tissue sarcoma.
He also treats liver, kidney, skeletal and lung tumors with ablative techniques, including cryoablation as well as radiofrequency and microwave ablation. Painful skeletal masses may also be treatable with vertebroplasty.
Dr. Brown has authored over 100 articles and scientific abstracts and has written performance guidelines for a number of the minimally-invasive oncologic interventions done at Vanderbilt. His research has focused on the entire spectrum of interventional oncology.
- Fellowship: Penn State University, 1997-1999
- Faculty: Washington University in St. Louis, 1999-2007
- Faculty: Thomas Jefferson University, 2007-2013
- Taussig MD, Irene Koran ME, Mouli SK, Ahmad A, Geevarghese S, Baker JC, Lipnik AJ, Banovac F, Brown DB. Neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio predicts disease progression following intra-arterial therapy of hepatocellular carcinoma. HPB (Oxford) [print-electronic]. 2017 Feb 2/9/2017; PMID: 28190710, PII: S1365-182X(17)30043-6, DOI: 10.1016/j.hpb.2017.01.013, ISSN: 1477-2574.
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28190710.
- Koran ME, Stewart S, Baker JC, Lipnik AJ, Banovac F, Omary RA, Brown DB. Five percent dextrose maximizes dose delivery of Yttrium-90 resin microspheres and reduces rates of premature stasis compared to sterile water. Biomed Rep [print-electronic]. 2016 Dec; 5(6): 745-8. PMID: 28105342, PMCID: PMC5228356, PII: BR-0-0-799, DOI: 10.3892/br.2016.799, ISSN: 2049-9434.
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28105342.
- Koran ME, Lipnik AJ, Baker JC, Banovac F, Omary RA, Brown DB. Procedural Impact of a Dedicated Interventional Oncology Service Line in a National Cancer Institute Comprehensive Cancer Center. J Am Coll Radiol [print-electronic]. 2016 Jun 6/11/2016; PMID: 27297700, PII: S1546-1440(16)30307-6, DOI: 10.1016/j.jacr.2016.04.033, ISSN: 1558-349X.
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27297700.
- Gaba RC, Lewandowski RJ, Hickey R, Baerlocher MO, Cohen EI, Dariushnia SR, Janne d'Othée B, Padia SA, Salem R, Wang DS, Nikolic B, Brown DB, . Transcatheter Therapy for Hepatic Malignancy: Standardization of Terminology and Reporting Criteria. J Vasc Interv Radiol [print-electronic]. 2016 Apr; 27(4): 457-73. PMID: 26851158, PII: S1051-0443(15)02007-2, DOI: 10.1016/j.jvir.2015.12.752, ISSN: 1535-7732.
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26851158.