Debra L. Friedman, M.D.
Co-Leader, Cancer Health Outcomes and Control Research Program
E. Bronson Ingram Professor of Pediatric Oncology
Associate Professor of Pediatrics (Pediatric Hematology and Oncology)
Director, Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
- Clinical Trials Information
- Clinical Trials: 1-800-811-8480
- Online Self-Referral Form
- Other Telephone NumbersMonroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
REACH for Survivorship Program
(615) 343-7400 or 1 (877) 936-8422
- FaxesREACH for Survivorship Program Fax
Debra L. Friedman, M.D., is an associate professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Hematology and Oncology at the Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt. She is the E. Bronson Ingram Chair of Pediatric Oncology and the leader of the Cancer Control and Prevention Program and directs the Cancer Survivorship programs at the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center. Dr. Friedman's research interests lie in the long term outcomes for cancer survivors, as well as in the design of novel therapeutic protocols for childhood cancer, designed to decrease adverse long-term effects of therapy. She has leadership roles in Children's Oncology Group (COG) and is an internationally recognized expert in cancer survivorship, participating in projects evaluating best practices and models of care. She is investigating a diverse group of physiologic and psychosocial outcomes among survivors of pediatric cancer, hematopoietic stem cell transplant and medical oncology. Friedman completed her pediatric residency and a joint fellowship in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology and Cancer Epidemiology at the University of Pennsylvania and The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). Prior to coming to Vanderbilt in 2008, she served as the co-director of the Cancer Survivorship Program at CHOP and then, as the founder and director of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Survivorship Program.
- M.D.- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 1991
- Pediatric Residency-The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- Hematology/Oncology Fellowship-The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PACancer Epidemiology Fellowship-University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA