Emmanuel J Volanakis, M.D.
Instructor in Pediatrics
- Clinical Trials Information
- Clinical Trials: 1-800-811-8480
- Online Self-Referral Form
- Other Telephone NumbersMonroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
2220 Pierce Avenue
Nashville, TN 37232-6310
Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
2200 Children's Way
Nashville, TN 37232
Dr. Volanakis is interested in the genetic and epigenetic events that contribute to the pathogenesis and progression of acute leukemia. The lab uses experimental models of disease to investigate how pathways that contribute to normal lymphopoiesis are hijacked during leukemogenesis, and invoke the protective response of tumor suppressors.
- M.D. University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL,
- Pediatrics Residency-Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Cell and Gene Therapy Postdoctoral Fellow-Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Pediatrics Hematology/Oncology Fellowship-St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, TX