Eric S. Lambright, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Thoracic Surgery
Surgical Director, Lung Transplant
Chief of Thoracic Surgery, VA Hospital, Nashville, TN
- Clinical Trials Information
- Clinical Trials: 1-800-811-8480
- Online Self-Referral Form
- Other Telephone NumbersNashville Veterans Affairs Medical Center
(615) 327-4751 or (800) 228-4973
- FaxesNashville Veterans Affairs Medical Center Fax
The Vanderbilt Clinic
1301 Medical Center Dr., Suite 1710
Nashville, TN 37232-5734
Nashville Veterans Affairs Medical Center
1310 24th Ave. South
Nashville , TN 37212-2637
Vanderbit Medical Center
609 Oxford House, 1313 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37232-4682
Dr. Lambright's clinical practice encompasses all aspects of general thoracic surgery. He has special interests in pulmonary malignancies, lung transplantation, lung failure surgery, as well as minimally invasive techniques such as thoracoscopic (VATS) procedures and transcervical approach for thymectomy. He has had a considerable experience with complex pulmonary resections including bronchoplastic and chest wall procedures. His research interests have focused on novel therapies for chest malignancies.
Dr. Lambright was born in Adidome, Ghana, Africa were his parents were serving in a missionary hospital. He grew up in the northwest suburbs of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and received his undergraduate degree, Magna Cum Laude, from Ursinus College in Collegeville, Pennsylvania. He obtained his medical degree, with Alpha Omega Alpha Honors, from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine in Philadelphia. Dr. Lambright completed his residencies in General Surgery and Cardiothoracic Surgery at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. During his residency, he served for two years as a research fellow in The Thoracic Oncology Laboratory investigating cancer gene therapies for the treatment of malignant mesothelioma and lung cancer. He has been recognized for his teaching of medical students.
Dr. Lambright joined the Vanderbilt University faculty in 2004. He serves as the Chief of Thoracic Surgery at Nashville VA Hospital and was named Surgical Director of Lung Transplantation in January, 2007.
- B.S., Ursinus College, Magna Cum Laude, 1991
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Alpha Omega Alpha, 1995
- Internship and Residency, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 1996
- Thoracic Oncology Research Fellowship, University of Pennsylvania, 2000
- Cardiothoracic Residency, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 2004
- Zhuang H, Pourdehnad M, Lambright ES, Yamamoto AJ, Lanuti M, Li P, Mozley PD, Rossman MD, Albelda SM, Alavi A. Dual time point 18F-FDG PET imaging for differentiating malignant from inflammatory processes. J. Nucl. Med. 2001 Sep; 42(9): 1412-7. PMID: 11535734, ISSN: 0161-5505.
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11535734.
- Lambright ES, Amin K, Wiewrodt R, Force SD, Lanuti M, Propert KJ, Litzky L, Kaiser LR, Albelda SM. Inclusion of the herpes simplex thymidine kinase gene in a replicating adenovirus does not augment antitumor efficacy. Gene Ther. 2001 Jun; 8(12): 946-53. PMID: 11426335, DOI: 10.1038/sj.gt.3301489, ISSN: 0969-7128.
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11426335.
- Lambright ES, Force SD, Lanuti ME, Wasfi DS, Amin KM, Albelda SM, Kaiser LR. Efficacy of repeated adenoviral suicide gene therapy in a localized murine tumor model. Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2000 Dec; 70(6): 1865-70; discussion 1870. PMID: 11156085, PII: S0003-4975(00)01815-4, ISSN: 0003-4975.
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11156085.
- Lambright ES, Kang EH, Force S, Lanuti M, Caparrelli D, Kaiser LR, Albelda SM, Molnar-Kimber KL. Effect of preexisting anti-herpes immunity on the efficacy of herpes simplex viral therapy in a murine intraperitoneal tumor model. Mol. Ther. 2000 Oct; 2(4): 387-93. PMID: 11020355, PII: S1525-0016(00)90133-3, DOI: 10.1006/mthe.2000.0133, ISSN: 1525-0016.
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11020355.
- Shrager JB, Lambright ES, McGrath CM, Wahl PM, Deeb ME, Friedberg JS, Kaiser LR. Lobectomy with tangential pulmonary artery resection without regard to pulmonary function. Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2000 Jul; 70(1): 234-9. PMID: 10921714, PII: S0003-4975(00)01492-2, ISSN: 0003-4975.
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10921714.
- Lanuti M, Rudginsky S, Force SD, Lambright ES, Siders WM, Chang MY, Amin KM, Kaiser LR, Scheule RK, Albelda SM. Cationic lipid:bacterial DNA complexes elicit adaptive cellular immunity in murine intraperitoneal tumor models. Cancer Res. 2000 Jun 6/1/2000; 60(11): 2955-63. PMID: 10850443, ISSN: 0008-5472.
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10850443.
- Xu K, Lanuti M, Lambright ES, Force SD, Albelda SM, Blair IA. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantification of ganciclovir in plasma using liquid chromatography/selected reaction monitoring/mass spectrometry. Biomed. Chromatogr. 2000 Apr; 14(2): 93-8. PMID: 10694702, PII: 10.1002/(SICI)1099-0801(200004)14:2<93::AID-BMC932>3.0.CO;2-0, DOI: 10.1002/(SICI)1099-0801(200004)14:2<93::AID-BMC932>3.0.CO;2-0, ISSN: 0269-3879.
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10694702.
- Lambright ES, Caparrelli DJ, Abbas AE, Toyoizumi T, Coukos G, Molnar-Kimber KL, Kaiser LR. Oncolytic therapy using a mutant type-1 herpes simplex virus and the role of the immune system. Ann. Thorac. Surg. 1999 Nov; 68(5): 1756-60; discussion 1761. PMID: 10585055, PII: S0003-4975(99)00852-8, ISSN: 0003-4975.
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10585055.