Eric S. Lambright, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Thoracic Surgery
Surgical Director, Lung Transplant
Chief of Thoracic Surgery, VA Hospital, Nashville, TN
- Clinical Trials Information
- Clinical Trials: 1-800-811-8480
- Online Self-Referral Form
- Other Telephone NumbersNashville Veterans Affairs Medical Center
(615) 327-4751 or (800) 228-4973
- FaxesNashville Veterans Affairs Medical Center Fax
The Vanderbilt Clinic
1301 Medical Center Dr., Suite 1710
Nashville, TN 37232-5734
Nashville Veterans Affairs Medical Center
1310 24th Ave. South
Nashville , TN 37212-2637
Vanderbit Medical Center
609 Oxford House, 1313 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37232-4682
Dr. Lambright's clinical practice encompasses all aspects of general thoracic surgery. He has special interests in pulmonary malignancies, lung transplantation, lung failure surgery, as well as minimally invasive techniques such as thoracoscopic (VATS) procedures and transcervical approach for thymectomy.
Dr. Lambright's clinical practice encompasses all aspects of general thoracic surgery. He has special interests in pulmonary malignancies, lung transplantation, lung failure surgery, as well as minimally invasive techniques such as thoracoscopic (VATS) procedures and transcervical approach for thymectomy. He has had a considerable experience with complex pulmonary resections including bronchoplastic and chest wall procedures. His research interests have focused on novel therapies for chest malignancies.
Dr. Lambright was born in Adidome, Ghana, Africa were his parents were serving in a missionary hospital. He grew up in the northwest suburbs of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and received his undergraduate degree, Magna Cum Laude, from Ursinus College in Collegeville, Pennsylvania. He obtained his medical degree, with Alpha Omega Alpha Honors, from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine in Philadelphia. Dr. Lambright completed his residencies in General Surgery and Cardiothoracic Surgery at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. During his residency, he served for two years as a research fellow in The Thoracic Oncology Laboratory investigating cancer gene therapies for the treatment of malignant mesothelioma and lung cancer. He has been recognized for his teaching of medical students.
Dr. Lambright joined the Vanderbilt University faculty in 2004. He serves as the Chief of Thoracic Surgery at Nashville VA Hospital and was named Surgical Director of Lung Transplantation in January, 2007.
- B.S., Ursinus College, Magna Cum Laude, 1991
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Alpha Omega Alpha, 1995
- Internship and Residency, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 1996
- Thoracic Oncology Research Fellowship, University of Pennsylvania, 2000
- Cardiothoracic Residency, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 2004