Gretchen Purcell Jackson, M.D, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Surgery and Biomedical Informatics
- Clinical Trials Information
- Clinical Trials: 1-800-811-8480
- Online Self-Referral Form
- Other Telephone NumbersMonroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
2200 Children's Way
Nashville, TN 37232
Dr. Purcell is board certified laparoscopic pediatric surgeon. She has a strong interest in both fetal and neonatal surgical technique. Dr. Purcell joined the Department of Pediatric Surgery as assistant professor. Her doctoral study of information science included projects in context-based searching, creation of annals extracts and analysis of peer review. Dr. Gretchen P Purcell did her residency at Duke University and served as an assistant professor of surgery and clinical informatics. She also served as associate director of the Duke Medical Informatics training program, 2001-2003.
- B.S., Stanford University, 1989
- M.D., Stanford University, 1996
- Ph.D., Stanford University, 1997
- General Surgery Residency-Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
- General Surgery Residency, Chief Resident-Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
- Pediatric Surgery Fellowship-Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA