James Tolle, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Clinical Trials Information
- Clinical Trials: 1-800-811-8480
- Online Self-Referral Form
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
B-817, TVC (The Vanderbilt Clinic)
Nashville, TN 37232
James J. Tolle, MD, received his BA from Rice University and MD from the University of Texas-Southwestern Medical School. He completed internship and residency in internal medicine at the Massachusetts General Hospital, followed by clinical and research fellowship in pulmonary/critical care medicine in the combined Harvard Medical School program. His research was conducted in the MGH Cardiopulmonary Exercise Laboratory, where he developed an expertise and clinical/research interests in invasive exercise testing, complicated heart-lung interactions, and skeletal muscle dysfunction in pulmonary parenchymal and vascular disease.
- M.D. - University of Texas Southwestern, 2001
- Fellowship - Massachusetts General Hospital
- Internship - Massachusetts General Hospital
- Residency - Massachusetts General Hospital
- Hemnes AR, Pugh ME, Newman AL, Robbins IM, Tolle J, Austin ED, Newman JH. End tidal CO(2) tension: pulmonary arterial hypertension vs pulmonary venous hypertension and response to treatment. Chest [print-electronic]. 2011 Nov; 140(5): 1267-73. PMID: 21622547, PII: chest.11-0155, DOI: 10.1378/chest.11-0155, ISSN: 1931-3543.
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21622547.
- King MS, Eisenberg R, Newman JH, Tolle JJ, Harrell FE, Nian H, Ninan M, Lambright ES, Sheller JR, Johnson JE, Miller RF. Constrictive bronchiolitis in soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan. N. Engl. J. Med. 2011 Jul 7/21/2011; 365(3): 222-30. PMID: 21774710, PMCID: PMC3296566, DOI: 10.1056/NEJMoa1101388, ISSN: 1533-4406.
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21774710.
- Tolle JJ, Waxman AB, Van Horn TL, Pappagianopoulos PP, Systrom DM. Exercise-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension. Circulation [print-electronic]. 2008 Nov 11/18/2008; 118(21): 2183-9. PMID: 18981305, PMCID: PMC2767322, PII: CIRCULATIONAHA.108.787101, DOI: 10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.108.787101, ISSN: 1524-4539.
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18981305.
- Tolle J, Waxman A, Systrom D. Impaired systemic oxygen extraction at maximum exercise in pulmonary hypertension. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2008 Jan; 40(1): 3-8. PMID: 18091026, DOI: 10.1249/mss.0b013e318159d1b8, ISSN: 0195-9131.
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18091026.