James O. Price, Ph.D.
Dir Flow Cytometry Pathology Lab SVC
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
B-45 Veterans Administration Medical Center
Nashville, TN 37232
Flow cytometry; cell sorting; cell cycle; immunophenotyping; apoptosis; pathways; toxicology;physiology; pharmacology...
Flow cytometry; immunophenotyping; stem cell; preparative to rare cell sorting; cell cycle; cell proliferation; programmed cell death; metabolic and signaling pathways; toxicology;physiology; pharmacology... The VA Flow Cytometry Special Resource Center has served thousands of basic and clinical research experiments in virtually all areas of cell and molecular sciences over the past 15 years, and continues to serve PIs from about 100 labs each year.
Clinical Research Description
Flow Cytometry Special Resource Center CORE. We have served the entire clinical and basic research community with flow cytometry needs in immunophenotyping, cell sorting, cell cycle, apoptosis, cell signaling, toxicology, clinical diagnosis, and many other clinically relevant research efforts.
- Rhodes, MM, Kopsombut, P, Bondurant, MC, Price, JO, Koury, MJ Adherence to macrophages in erythroblastic islands enhances erythroblast proliferation and increases erythrocyte production by a different mechanism than erythropoietin. Blood, 2007.
- Sharpe, EE, Teleron, AA, Li, B, Price, J, Sands, MS, Alford, K, Young, PP The origin and in vivo significance of murine and human culture-expanded endothelial progenitor cells. Am J Pathol, 168(5), 1710-21, 2006.
- Rhodes, MM, Kopsombut, P, Bondurant, MC, Price, JO, Koury, MJ Bcl-x(L) prevents apoptosis of late-stage erythroblasts but does not mediate the antiapoptotic effect of erythropoietin. Blood, 106(5), 1857-63, 2005.
- Jiang, F, Shults, K, Flye, L, Hashimoto, Y, Van Der Meer, R, Xie, J, Kravtsov, V, Price, J, Head, DR, Briggs, RC S100P is selectively upregulated in tumor cell lines challenged with DNA cross-linking agents. Leuk Res, 29(10), 1181-90, 2005.
- Brown, Kimberly A, Aakre, Mary E, Gorska, Agnieska E, Price, James O, Eltom, Sakina E, Pietenpol, Jennifer A, Moses, Harold L Induction by transforming growth factor-beta1 of epithelial to mesenchymal transition is a rare event in vitro. Breast Cancer Res, 6(3), R215-31, 2004.
- Lu, Bo, Mu, Yi, Cao, Carolyn, Zeng, Fenghua, Schneider, Sylke, Tan, Jiahui, Price, Jim, Chen, Jun, Freeman, Michael, Hallahan, Dennis E Survivin as a therapeutic target for radiation sensitization in lung cancer. Cancer Res, 64(8), 2840-5, 2004.
- SchrÃ¶der, Carsten, Azimzadeh, Agnes M, Wu, Guosheng, Price, James O, Atkinson, James B, Pierson, Richard N Anti-CD20 treatment depletes B-cells in blood and lymphatic tissue of cynomolgus monkeys. Transpl Immunol, 12(1), 19-28, 2003.
- Donahue, John P, Dowdy, David, Ratnam, Krishna K, Hulgan, Todd, Price, James, Unutmaz, Derya, Nicotera, Janet, Raffanti, Steven, Becker, Mark, Haas, David W Effects of nelfinavir and its M8 metabolite on lymphocyte P-glycoprotein activity during antiretroviral therapy.. Clin Pharmacol Ther, 73(1), 78-86, 2003.
- Dai, Chunhua, Chung, Ik-Joo, Jiang, Shazi, Price, James O, Krantz, Sanford B Reduction of cell cycle progression in human erythroid progenitor cells treated with tumour necrosis factor alpha occurs with reduced CDK6 and is partially reversed by CDK6 transduction.. Br J Haematol, 121(6), 919-27, 2003.
- Kilkenny, Dawn M, Rocheleau, Jonathan V, Price, James, Reich, Martha B, Miller, Geraldine G c-Src regulation of fibroblast growth factor-induced proliferation in murine embryonic fibroblasts.. J Biol Chem, 278(19), 17448-54, 2003.
- Nishida, Masashi, Fujinaka, Hidehiko, Matsusaka, Taiji, Price, James, Kon, Valentina, Fogo, Agnes B, Davidson, Jeffrey M, Linton, MacRae F, Fazio, Sergio, Homma, Toshio, Yoshida, Hiroaki, Ichikawa, Iekuni Absence of angiotensin II type 1 receptor in bone marrow-derived cells is detrimental in the evolution of renal fibrosis.. J Clin Invest, 110(12), 1859-68, 2002.
- Chen, Ying, Rosloniec, Ed, Price, Jim, Boothby, Mark, Chen, Jin Constitutive expression of BCL-X(L) in the T lineage attenuates collagen-induced arthritis in Bcl-X(L) transgenic mice.. Arthritis Rheum, 46(2), 514-21, 2002.
- Shappell, S B, Gupta, R A, Manning, S, Whitehead, R, Boeglin, W E, Schneider, C, Case, T, Price, J, Jack, G S, Wheeler, T M, Matusik, R J, Brash, A R, Dubois, R N 15S-Hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid activates peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and inhibits proliferation in PC3 prostate carcinoma cells.. Cancer Res, 61(2), 497-503, 2001.
- Ewald, J A, Coker, K J, Price, J O, Staros, J V, Guyer, C A Stimulation of mitogenic pathways through kinase-impaired mutants of the epidermal growth factor receptor.. Exp Cell Res, 268(2), 262-73, 2001.
- Kim, J S, Amorino, G P, Pyo, H, Cao, Q, Price, J O, Choy, H The novel taxane analogs, BMS-184476 and BMS-188797, potentiate the effects of radiation therapy in vitro and in vivo against human lung cancer cells.. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 51(2), 525-34, 2001.
- Koury, M J, Price, J O, Hicks, G G Apoptosis in megaloblastic anemia occurs during DNA synthesis by a p53-independent, nucleoside-reversible mechanism.. Blood, 96(9), 3249-55, 2000.
- Busse, D, Doughty, R S, Ramsey, T T, Russell, W E, Price, J O, Flanagan, W M, Shawver, L K, Arteaga, C L Reversible G(1) arrest induced by inhibition of the epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase requires up-regulation of p27(KIP1) independent of MAPK activity.. J Biol Chem, 275(10), 6987-95, 2000.
- Shan, R, Price, J O, Gaarde, W A, Monia, B P, Krantz, S B, Zhao, Z J Distinct roles of JNKs/p38 MAP kinase and ERKs in apoptosis and survival of HCD-57 cells induced by withdrawal or addition of erythropoietin. Blood, 94(12), 4067-76, 1999.
- Burks, VS, Dodge, KA, Price, JM, Laird, RD Internal representational models of peers: implications for the development of problematic behavior. Dev Psychol, 35(3), 802-10, 1999.
- Ohmori, T, Yang, J L, Price, J O, Arteaga, C L Blockade of tumor cell transforming growth factor-betas enhances cell cycle progression and sensitizes human breast carcinoma cells to cytotoxic chemotherapy.. Exp Cell Res, 245(2), 350-9, 1998.
- Flatt, P M, Price, J O, Shaw, A, Pietenpol, J A Differential cell cycle checkpoint response in normal human keratinocytes and fibroblasts.. Cell Growth Differ, 9(7), 535-43, 1998.
- Dai, C H, Price, J O, Brunner, T, Krantz, S B Fas ligand is present in human erythroid colony-forming cells and interacts with Fas induced by interferon gamma to produce erythroid cell apoptosis.. Blood, 91(4), 1235-42, 1998.
- Zhang, J, Price, J O, Graham, D G, Montine, T J Secondary excitotoxicity contributes to dopamine-induced apoptosis of dopaminergic neuronal cultures.. Biochem Biophys Res Commun, 248(3), 812-6, 1998.
- Dixit, M, Yang, J L, Poirier, M C, Price, J O, Andrews, P A, Arteaga, C L Abrogation of cisplatin-induced programmed cell death in human breast cancer cells by epidermal growth factor antisense RNA.. J Natl Cancer Inst, 89(5), 365-73, 1997.
- Taniguchi, S, Dai, C H, Price, J O, Krantz, S B Interferon gamma downregulates stem cell factor and erythropoietin receptors but not insulin-like growth factor-I receptors in human erythroid colony-forming cells.. Blood, 90(6), 2244-52, 1997.
- Fazio, S, Hasty, A H, Carter, K J, Murray, A B, Price, J O, Linton, M F Leukocyte low density lipoprotein receptor (LDL-R) does not contribute to LDL clearance in vivo: bone marrow transplantation studies in the mouse.. J Lipid Res, 38(2), 391-400, 1997.
- Dai, C H, Krantz, S B, Kollar, K, Price, J O Stem cell factor can overcome inhibition of highly purified human burst-forming units-erythroid by interferon gamma.. J Cell Physiol, 165(2), 323-32, 1995.
- Park, V M, Bravo, R R, Price, J O, Simpson, J L, Elias, S A model system using fetal hemoglobin to distinguish fetal cells enriched from maternal blood.. Ann N Y Acad Sci, 731133-5, 1994.
- Langkamp-Henken, B, Geller, A M, LeGros, H L, Price, J O, De la Rosa, J, Kotb, M Characterization of distinct forms of methionine adenosyltransferase in nucleated, and mature human erythrocytes and erythroleukemic cells.. Biochim Biophys Acta, 1201(3), 397-404, 1994.
- Dodge, KA, Price, JM On the relation between social information processing and socially competent behavior in early school-aged children. Child Dev, 65(5), 1385-97, 1994.
- Price, J O, Elias, S, Wachtel, S S, Klinger, K, Dockter, M, Tharapel, A, Shulman, L P, Phillips, O P, Meyers, C M, Shook, D Prenatal diagnosis with fetal cells isolated from maternal blood by multiparameter flow cytometry.. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 165(6 Pt 1), 1731-7, 1991.
- Winkler, M A, Price, J O, Foglesong, P D, West, W H Biodistribution and plasma survival in mice of anti-melanoma monoclonal antibody cross-linked to OKT3.. Cancer Immunol Immunother, 31(5), 278-84, 1990.
- Foglesong, P D, Winkler, M A, Price, J O, Marshall, G D, Reagh, S H, Bush, D A, Hixson, K S, West, W H Preparation and analysis of bifunctional immunoconjugates containing monoclonal antibodies OKT3 and BABR1.. Cancer Immunol Immunother, 30(3), 177-84, 1989.
- Price, J O, Whitaker, J N, Vasu, R I, Metzger, D W Multiple epitopes in a dodecapeptide of myelin basic protein determined by monoclonal antibodies.. J Immunol, 136(7), 2426-31, 1986.
- Beck, M L, Price, J O Genetic variation in the terrestrial isopod, Armadillidium vulgare.. J Hered, 72(1), 15-8, 1981.