Jordan D. Berlin, M.D.
Co-Leader, Gastrointestinal Cancer Research Program
Ingram Professor of Cancer Research
Professor of Medicine (Hematology/Oncology)
Director, Phase I Program
- Clinical Trials Information
- Clinical Trials: 1-800-811-8480
- Online Self-Referral Form
- Other Telephone NumbersHenry-Joyce Cancer Clinic
615-936-8422 or 1-877-936-8422
- FaxesHenry-Joyce Cancer Clinic Fax
Henry-Joyce Cancer Clinic
1301 Medical Center Drive, Suite 1710
Nashville, Tennessee 37232-7415
2220 Pierce Avenue
777 Preston Building
Nashville, TN 37232-6307
Dr. Berlin is a medical oncologist who specializes in gastrointestinal cancers such as malignancies of the colon, rectum, anus, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and bile ducts. His clinical research efforts focus on novel treatment approaches. Dr.
Dr. Berlin is a medical oncologist who specializes in gastrointestinal cancers such as malignancies of the colon, rectum, anus, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and bile ducts. His clinical research efforts focus on novel treatment approaches. Dr. Berlin believes in enrolling patients, when possible, on clinical trials to learn more about the best and safest ways to treat gastrointestional cancers. Improving treatments, while preserving the patient's ability to function normally, are among Dr. Berlin's goals.
As Director of the Clinical Gastrointestinal Program, he works with a multidisciplinary team that includes surgeons and radiation oncologists to improve cure rates and develop a treatment plan specific for each patient. Dr. Berlin serves on a number of national advisory committees, is an editorial board member for the International Journal of GI Cancer and is Editor-in-Chief for Colorectal Cancer Index and Reviews.
- University of Illinois, B.S. (Biochemistry), 1985
- University of Illinois, M.D., 1989
- Internship/Residency - Internal Medicine, University of Cincinnati Hospital, 1992
- Fellowship, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics; University of Cincinnati Hospital, 1995