Joseph A. Smith, Jr., M.D.
William L. Bray Professor of Urologic Surgery
Chair, Department of Urologic Surgery
- Clinical Trials Information
- Clinical Trials: 1-800-811-8480
- Online Self-Referral Form
- Other Telephone NumbersOffice
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
A-1302 Medical Center North
Nashville, TN 37232-2765
Joseph Smith, Jr., MD is the William L. Bray Professor and Chairman within the Department of Urologic Surgery at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. He is recognized as a leading educator and researcher in the field, and published extensively.
Read more ....
Joseph Smith, Jr., MD is the William L. Bray Professor and Chairman within the Department of Urologic Surgery at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. He is recognized as a leading educator and researcher in the field, and published extensively. He is author of Robotics in Urologic Surgery and the third edition of Hinman’s Atlas of Urologic Surgery.
Dr. Smith holds an MD from the University of Tennessee, Memphis. He completed a residency in surgery at Parkland Memorial Hospital at the University of Texas, a residency in urology at the University of Utah, and a fellowship in urologic oncology at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. He has served as president of the Society for Urologic Oncology, is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and has served on numerous boards within the organization, and has been active on boards and committees within the American Urological Association, the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the Society of University of Urologists, and others.
- M.D. - University of Tennessee, 1974
- Fellowship - Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, 1980
- Residency - University of Utah Health Care, 1979
- Residency - University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 1976
- Internship - University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 1975