Kate McReynolds, MSN, MSc, APN, ANP-BC, AGN-BC
Associate in Medicine
- Clinical Trials Information
- Clinical Trials: 1-800-811-8480
- Online Self-Referral Form
- Other Telephone NumbersVanderbilt Hereditary Cancer Clinic
Vanderbilt Breast Center at One Hundred Oaks
- FaxesVanderbilt Hereditary Cancer Clinic Fax
Vanderbilt Breast Center at One Hundred Oaks Fax
Ms. McReynolds is a nurse practitioner who is board certified in Advanced Genetics Nursing by the American Nurses Credentialing Commission (ANCC). She started her nursing career in the UK in 1989 as a registered nurse. Prior to coming to Vanderbilt, she worked for 12 years at the Royal Marsden Hospital, London (Europe's largest cancer center). She is certified in Oncology and Gynecology Nursing and has gained experience in many areas of cancer care. Her last three years at the Royal Marsden were spent in the Cancer Genetics unit working with Dr. Rosalind Eeles, a leading physician in clinical and translational cancer genetics. Kate's role involved research and cancer risk counseling.
Ms. McReynolds moved to the United States and started work at Vanderbilt in 2004. While contributing to cancer genetic research in prostate cancer at Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center, she completed her studies and graduated from London University in 2007 with a health science master's degree in Advancing Professional Health Care (Cancer Care), specializing in Cancer Genetics. She enrolled at Vanderbilt University School of Nursing and graduated in December 2011 with a Master of Science in Nursing and became a certified Adult Nurse Practitioner in 2012. She is now a nurse practitioner and is a clinical leader of the Vanderbilt Hereditary Cancer Clinic at the Village at Vanderbilt. She has been instrumental in building the Clinical and Translational Hereditary Cancer Program at Vanderbilt.
In 2014, Ms. McReynolds was appointed as Vice Chair to the ANCC Content Expert Panel for Genetics Nursing Advanced Certification which determined how nurses are nationally certified in advanced genetics. She was one of the first people to receive this certification in 2015. She is also a member of the ANCC Genetics Content Expert Registry and Advanced Genetics Standard Setting group.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Biology, Oxford Brookes University 1986
- Registered General Nurse, Guy's Hospital, London 1989
- Gynecology Nursing Certificate, 1993
- Cancer Nursing Certificate, 1995
- Cancer Genetics Course, European School of Genetic Medicine, Italy, 2000
- Course in Genetic Counseling in Practice, European School of Genetic Medicine, Italy, 2001
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cancer Genetics, Institute of Cancer Research, London, 2004
- Master's in Advancing Professional Health Care (Cancer Care), King's College, London, 2007
- Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, (Adult Nurse Practitioner/Palliative Care) MSN-2011
- Breyer JP, Dorset DC, Clark TA, Bradley KM, Wahlfors TA, McReynolds KM, Maynard WH, Chang SS, Cookson MS, Smith JA, Schleutker J, Dupont WD, Smith JR. An expressed retrogene of the master embryonic stem cell gene POU5F1 is associated with prostate cancer susceptibility. Am. J. Hum. Genet [print-electronic]. 2014 Mar 3/6/2014; 94(3): 395-404. PMID: 24581739, PMCID: PMC3951923, PII: S0002-9297(14)00057-3, DOI: 10.1016/j.ajhg.2014.01.019, ISSN: 1537-6605.
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24581739.
- Higginbotham KS, Breyer JP, McReynolds KM, Bradley KM, Schuyler PA, Plummer WD, Freudenthal ME, Trentham-Dietz A, Newcomb PA, Parl FF, Sanders ME, Page DL, Egan KM, Dupont WD, Smith JR. A multistage genetic association study identifies breast cancer risk loci at 10q25 and 16q24. Cancer Epidemiol. Biomarkers Prev [print-electronic]. 2012 Sep; 21(9): 1565-73. PMID: 22806168, PMCID: PMC3707501, PII: 1055-9965.EPI-12-0386, DOI: 10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-12-0386, ISSN: 1538-7755.
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22806168.
- Breyer JP, Avritt TG, McReynolds KM, Dupont WD, Smith JR. Confirmation of the HOXB13 G84E germline mutation in familial prostate cancer. Cancer Epidemiol. Biomarkers Prev [print-electronic]. 2012 Aug; 21(8): 1348-53. PMID: 22714738, PMCID: PMC3415588, PII: 1055-9965.EPI-12-0495, DOI: 10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-12-0495, ISSN: 1538-7755.
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22714738.
- Breyer JP, McReynolds KM, Yaspan BL, Bradley KM, Dupont WD, Smith JR. Genetic variants and prostate cancer risk: candidate replication and exploration of viral restriction genes. Cancer Epidemiol. Biomarkers Prev [print-electronic]. 2009 Jul; 18(7): 2137-44. PMID: 19567509, PMCID: PMC2813685, PII: 1055-9965.EPI-08-1223, DOI: 10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-08-1223, ISSN: 1538-7755.
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19567509.
- Yaspan BL, McReynolds KM, Elmore JB, Breyer JP, Bradley KM, Smith JR. A haplotype at chromosome Xq27.2 confers susceptibility to prostate cancer. Hum. Genet [print-electronic]. 2008 May; 123(4): 379-86. PMID: 18350320, PMCID: PMC2811403, DOI: 10.1007/s00439-008-0486-8, ISSN: 1432-1203.
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18350320.