David Lee Gorden, M.D. , F.A.C.S.
Associate Professor of Surgery
Liver and Hepatobiliary Surgeon
- Clinical Trials Information
- Clinical Trials: 1-800-811-8480
- Online Self-Referral Form
- Other Telephone NumbersOffice
- FaxesOffice Fax
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
801 Oxford House, 1313 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37232-4753
We are particularly interested in tumor- microenvironment interactions in primary and metastatic tumors of the liver.
- Zhang, B, Halder, SK, Kashikar, ND, Cho, YJ, Datta, A, Gorden, DL, Datta, PK Antimetastatic role of Smad4 signaling in colorectal cancer. Gastroenterology, 138(3), 969-80.e1-3, 2010.
- Kappa, SF, Gorden, DL, Davidson, MA, Wright, JK, Guillamondegui, OD Intraoperative blood loss predicts hemorrhage-related reoperation after orthotopic liver transplantation. Am Surg, 76(9), 969-73, 2010.
- Martin, MD, Kremers, GJ, Short, KW, Rocheleau, JV, Xu, L, Piston, DW, Matrisian, LM, Gorden, DL Rapid extravasation and establishment of breast cancer micrometastases in the liver microenvironment. Mol Cancer Res, 8(10), 1319-27, 2010.
- Uddin, MJ, Crews, BC, Blobaum, AL, Kingsley, PJ, Gorden, DL, McIntyre, JO, Matrisian, LM, Subbaramaiah, K, Dannenberg, AJ, Piston, DW, Marnett, LJ Selective visualization of cyclooxygenase-2 in inflammation and cancer by targeted fluorescent imaging agents. Cancer Res, 70(9), 3618-27, 2010.
- VanSaun, MN, Lee, IK, Washington, MK, Matrisian, L, Gorden, DL High fat diet induced hepatic steatosis establishes a permissive microenvironment for colorectal metastases and promotes primary dysplasia in a murine model. Am J Pathol, 175(1), 355-64, 2009.
- Earl, TM, Nicoud, IB, Pierce, JM, Wright, JP, Majoras, NE, Rubin, JE, Pierre, KP, Gorden, DL, Chari, RS Silencing of TLR4 decreases liver tumor burden in a murine model of colorectal metastasis and hepatic steatosis. Ann Surg Oncol, 16(4), 1043-50, 2009.
- Castaldo, ET, Earl, TM, Chari, RS, Gorden, DL, Merchant, NB, Wright, JK, Feurer, ID, Pinson, CW A clinical comparative analysis of crush/clamp, stapler, and dissecting sealer hepatic transection methods. HPB (Oxford), 10(5), 321-6, 2008.
- Quarles, CC, Lepage, M, Gorden, DL, Fingleton, B, Yankeelov, TE, Price, RR, Matrisian, LM, Gore, JC, McIntyre, JO Functional colonography of Min mice using dark lumen dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI. Magn Reson Med, 60(3), 718-26, 2008.
- Tessier, DJ, Iglesias, R, Chapman, WC, Kercher, K, Matthews, BD, Gorden, DL, Brunt, LM Previously unreported high-grade complications of adrenalectomy. Surg Endosc, 2008.
- Lee, IK, Jung, SE, Gorden, DL, Lee, YS, Jung, DY, Oh, ST, Kim, JG, Jeon, HM, Chang, SK The diagnostic criteria for right colonic diverticulitis: prospective evaluation of 100 patients. Int J Colorectal Dis, 2008.
- Castaldo, ET, Pinson, CW, Feurer, ID, Wright, JK, Gorden, DL, Kelly, BS, Chari, RS Continuous versus interrupted suture for end-to-end biliary anastomosis during liver transplantation gives equal results. Liver Transpl, 13(2), 234-8, 2007.
- Koller, FL, Geevarghese, SK, Gorden, DL Liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma: current role and future opportunities. Curr Pharm Des, 13(32), 3265-73, 2007.
- Gorden, DL, Fingleton, B, Crawford, HC, Jansen, DE, Lepage, M, Matrisian, LM Resident stromal cell-derived MMP-9 promotes the growth of colorectal metastases in the liver microenvironment. Int J Cancer, 121(3), 495-500, 2007.
- Lundquist, AL, Chari, RS, Wood, JH, Miller, GG, Schaefer, HM, Raiford, DS, Wright, KJ, Gorden, DL Serum sickness following rabbit antithymocyte-globulin induction in a liver transplant recipient: case report and literature review. Liver Transpl, 13(5), 647-50, 2007.
- Nicoud, IB, Jones, CM, Pierce, JM, Earl, TM, Matrisian, LM, Chari, RS, Gorden, DL Warm hepatic ischemia-reperfusion promotes growth of colorectal carcinoma micrometastases in mouse liver via matrix metalloproteinase-9 induction. Cancer Res, 67(6), 2720-8, 2007.
- Thomas, KT, Gorden, DL, Chari, RS, Wright, JK, Feurer, ID, Pinson, CW Biliary reconstruction using non-penetrating, tissue everting clips versus conventional sewn biliary anastomosis in liver transplantation. HPB (Oxford), 8(2), 132-6, 2006.
- Acuff, HB, Carter, KJ, Fingleton, B, Gorden, DL, Matrisian, LM Matrix metalloproteinase-9 from bone marrow-derived cells contributes to survival but not growth of tumor cells in the lung microenvironment. Cancer Res, 66(1), 259-66, 2006.
- Buchanan, FG, Gorden, DL, Matta, P, Shi, Q, Matrisian, LM, DuBois, RN Role of beta-arrestin 1 in the metastatic progression of colorectal cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 103(5), 1492-7, 2006.
- Schrager, JJ, Vnencak-Jones, CL, Graber, SE, Neff, AT, Chari, RS, Wright, KJ, Pinson, CW, Stewart, JH, Gorden, DL Use of short tandem repeats for DNA fingerprinting to rapidly diagnose graft-versus-host disease in solid organ transplant patients. Transplantation, 81(1), 21-5, 2006.
- Thomas, KT, Welch, D, Trueblood, A, Sulur, P, Wise, P, Gorden, DL, Chari, RS, Wright, JK, Washington, K, Pinson, CW Effective treatment of biliary cystadenoma. Ann Surg, 241(5), 769-73; discussion 773-5, 2005.
- Moore, DE, Feurer, ID, Speroff, T, Gorden, DL, Wright, JK, Chari, RS, Pinson, CW Impact of donor, technical, and recipient risk factors on survival and quality of life after liver transplantation. Arch Surg, 140(3), 273-7, 2005.
- Austin, MT, Feurer, ID, Chari, RS, Gorden, DL, Wright, JK, Pinson, CW Survival after pediatric liver transplantation: why does living donation offer an advantage. Arch Surg, 140(5), 465-70; discussion 470-1, 2005.
- Anderson, CD, Meranze, S, Bream, P, Gorden, DL, Wright, JK, Pinson, CW, Chari, RS Contralateral portal vein embolization for hepatectomy in the setting of hepatic steatosis. Am Surg, 70(7), 609-12, 2004.
- Moore, DE, Feurer, ID, Rodgers, S, Shaffer, D, Nylander, W, Gorden, DL, Chari, RS, Wright, JK, Pinson, CW Is there racial disparity in outcomes after solid organ transplantation. Am J Surg, 188(5), 571-4, 2004.
- Moore, DE, Feurer, ID, Holzman, MD, Wudel, LJ, Strickland, C, Gorden, DL, Chari, R, Wright, JK, Pinson, CW Long-term detrimental effect of bile duct injury on health-related quality of life. Arch Surg, 139(5), 476-81; discussion 481-2, 2004.
- Moore, D, Feurer, I, Speroff, T, Shaffer, D, Nylander, W, Kizilisik, T, Butler, J, Awad, J, Gorden, DL, Chari, R, Wright, JK, Pinson, CW Survival and quality of life after organ transplantation in veterans and nonveterans. Am J Surg, 186(5), 476-80, 2003.
- Gorden, DL, Mandriota, SJ, Montesano, R, Orci, L, Pepper, MS Vascular endothelial growth factor is increased in devascularized rat islets of Langerhans in vitro. Transplantation, 63(3), 436-43, 1997.
- Gorden, DL, Robert, A, Moncada, VY, Taylor, SI, MÃ¼hlhauser, J, Carpentier, JL Cell surface alteration in Epstein-Barr virus-transformed cells from patients with extreme insulin resistance. Diabetes, 39(8), 924-7, 1990.