Mary Egger, MSN
- Clinical Trials Information
- Clinical Trials: 1-800-811-8480
- Online Self-Referral Form
- Other Telephone NumbersVanderbilt Breast Center at One Hundred Oaks
- FaxesVanderbilt Breast Center at One Hundred Oaks Fax
Vanderbilt Breast Center at One Hundred Oaks
719 Thompson Lane, Suite 25000
Nashville, TN 37204
Vanderbilt School of Nursing
461 21st Ave.
Nashville, TN 37240
ProfileWith over 25 years of nursing experience, Ms. Egger has held a number of positions including critical care, oncology, and education. Currently as one of the Nurse Practitioners in the Breast Center at Vanderbilt, she works mainly with breast cancer patients, both newly diagnosed and those who are a few years out from their treatment.
With the newly diagnosed patients, her main role is to serve as their advocate and coordinator as they begin their journey with breast cancer. Since she is a breast cancer survivor herself, she knows first hand what their concerns and needs are at this challenging time and acts to make each patients experience a smooth transition from diagnosis through treatment and recovery.
For those patients who have been followed closely by their surgeons for several years but still need close supervision, Ms. Egger monitors their health concerns and screening needs as they transition into the period of life following breast cancer.
Having been diagnosed with breast cancer at a relatively young age, Ms. Egger has come to understand that everything happens for a reason and she feels that she is meant to use her personal and professional experiences to help others and offer an example of how we can overcome the challenges of breast cancer. She is also involved in many community organizations centered around breast cancer (such as the Greater Nashville Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and the American Cancer Society's Reach to Recovery) in order to bring the best resources and information to patients and help educate those in the community about this disease.
- Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Women's Health Nurse Practitioner Specialty, 2006
- University Of Illinois Regional Program Bachelors of Science in Nursing, 1983
- Southeastern Iowa Community College Associate Degree in Nursing, 1979