Marilyn Thompson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Cancer Biology (Meharry)
The regulation of BRCA1 (breast cancer gene 1) subcellular localization and how this regulates its function
- Abbott DW, ME Thompson, C Robinson-Benion, G Tomlinson, RA Jensen, JT Holt "BRCA1 expression restores radiation resistance in BRCA1-defective cancer cells through enhancement of transcription-coupled DNA repair." Journal of Biological Chemistry , 27418808-18812, 1999.
- Holt JT, ME Thompson, C. Szabo, C. Robinson-Benion, CL Arteaga, MC King, RA Jensen "Growth retardation and tumor inhibition by BRCA1 (correction)." Nature Genetics, 19102, 1998.
- Jensen RA, ME Thompson, TL Jetton, CI Szabo, R van der Meer. B Helou, SR Tronick, DL Page, MC King, JT Holt "BRCA1 is secreted and exhibits properties of a granin." Nature Genetics , 12303-308, 1996.
- Jensen RA, ME Thompson, TL Jetton, R van der Meer, B. Helou, CI Arteaga, DL Page, JT Holt, AM Gown, M Skelly, B Ostermeyer, D Schieltz, CI Szabo, MC King "BRCA1 protein products (in reply)." Nature Genetics, 13269-272, 1996.
- Holt JT, ME Thompson, C Szabo, C Robinson-Benion, CL Arteago, MC King, RA Jensen "Growth retardation and tumour inhibition by BRCA1." Nature Genetics, 12298-302, 1996.
- Thompson, ME, RA Jensen, PS Obermiller, DL Page, JT Holt "Decreased expression of BRCA1 accelerates growth and is often present during sporadic breast cancer progression." Nature Genetics, 9444-450, 1995.