Robert H. Carnahan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Cancer Biology
Director, Antibody and Protein Resource
Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
2220 Pierce Ave , 438 PRB
Nashville, TN 37232-6840
- Carnahan, RH, Rokas, A, Gaucher, EA, Reynolds, AB The Molecular Evolution of the p120-Catenin Subfamily and Its Functional Associations. PLoS One, 5(12), e15747, 2010.
- Xia, X, Carnahan, RH, Vaughan, MH, Wildenberg, GA, Reynolds, AB p120 serine and threonine phosphorylation is controlled by multiple ligand-receptor pathways but not cadherin ligation. Exp Cell Res, 312(17), 3336-48, 2006.
- Wildenberg, GA, Dohn, MR, Carnahan, RH, Davis, MA, Lobdell, NA, Settleman, J, Reynolds, AB p120-catenin and p190RhoGAP regulate cell-cell adhesion by coordinating antagonism between Rac and Rho. Cell, 127(5), 1027-39, 2006.
- Carnahan, RH, Feoktistova, A, Ren, L, Niessen, S, Yates, JR, Gould, KL Dim1p is required for efficient splicing and export of mRNA encoding lid1p, a component of the fission yeast anaphase-promoting complex. Eukaryot Cell, 4(3), 577-87, 2005.
- Reynolds, AB, Carnahan, RH Regulation of cadherin stability and turnover by p120ctn: implications in disease and cancer. Semin Cell Dev Biol, 15(6), 657-63, 2004.
- Carnahan, RH, Gould, KL The PCH family protein, Cdc15p, recruits two F-actin nucleation pathways to coordinate cytokinetic actin ring formation in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. J Cell Biol, 162(5), 851-62, 2003.
- Tasto, JJ, Carnahan, RH, McDonald, WH, Gould, KL Vectors and gene targeting modules for tandem affinity purification in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Yeast, 18(7), 657-62, 2001.
- Bost, AG, Carnahan, RH, Lu, XT, Denison, MR Four proteins processed from the replicase gene polyprotein of mouse hepatitis virus colocalize in the cell periphery and adjacent to sites of virion assembly. J Virol, 74(7), 3379-87, 2000.
- Zhao, G, Yeh, WK, Carnahan, RH, Flokowitsch, J, Meier, TI, Alborn, WE, Becker, GW, Jaskunas, SR Biochemical characterization of penicillin-resistant and -sensitive penicillin-binding protein 2x transpeptidase activities of Streptococcus pneumoniae and mechanistic implications in bacterial resistance to beta-lactam antibiotics. J Bacteriol, 179(15), 4901-8, 1997.