Sara Lewis, M.S., LCGC
Assistant in Medicine
- Clinical Trials Information
- Clinical Trials: 1-800-811-8480
- Online Self-Referral Form
- Other Telephone NumbersVanderbilt Hereditary Cancer Clinic
Vanderbilt Breast Center at One Hundred Oaks
- FaxesVanderbilt Hereditary Cancer Clinic Fax
Vanderbilt Breast Center at One Hundred Oaks Fax
Sara Lewis is a licensed and certified genetic counselor with expertise in hereditary breast and ovarian cancers. She joined the Vanderbilt Department of Medicine in the Division of Genetic Medicine as an Assistant in Medicine in 2011.
She primarily sees patients in the Hereditary Cancer Clinic in the Breast Center at One Hundred Oaks. Ms. Lewis believes in helping patients and families better understand their risk of cancer development, enabling them to be proactive in making healthcare decisions. She has served on the executive committee of the Tennessee Genetic Counselor Association and is an active member of the National Society of Genetic Counselors.
Ms. Lewis received her undergraduate degree in Biology from the University of Evansville in 2003 and Master of Science in Medical Genetics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2006. She has been certified by the American Board of Genetic Counseling since 2007. Prior to coming to Vanderbilt, Mrs. Lewis worked as a cancer genetic counselor at Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee, WI and at Spectrum Health in Grand Rapids, MI.
- M.S., Medical Genetics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin (2006)
- B.S., Biology, University of Evansville, Evansville, Indiana (2003)