Sean Donahue, M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Clinical Trials Information
- Clinical Trials: 1-800-811-8480
- Online Self-Referral Form
- Other Telephone NumbersOffice
Vanderbilt Eye Institute
Tennessee Lions' Eye Center
2311 Pierce Ave.
Nashville, TN 37232-8808
8000 Medical Center East
Nashville, TN 37232-8808
- M.D. - Emory University, 1989
- Ph.D. - Emory University, 1988
- Fellowship - University of Iowa Healthcare, 1995
- Fellowship - University of Iowa Healthcare, 1994
- Residency - Eye and Ear Institute, University of Pittsburgh, 1993
- Internship - University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 1990
Pediatric Ophthalmology, Neuro-ophthalmology
- Chen, Eric, Morrison, David G, Donahue, Sean P Acute myeloid leukemia presenting as bilateral proptosis from diffuse extraocular muscle infiltration. Am J Ophthalmol, 137(5), 948-50, 2004.
- Donahue, Sean P How often are spectacles prescribed to 'normal' preschool children. J AAPOS, 8(3), 224-9, 2004.
- Kuo, Anthony, Sinatra, Robbin B, Donahue, Sean P Distribution of refractive error in healthy infants. J AAPOS, 7(3), 174-7, 2003.
- Donahue, Sean P, Hein, Eric, Sinatra, Robbin B Ocular involvement in children with candidemia. Am J Ophthalmol, 135(6), 886-7, 2003.
- Donahue, Sean P, Arnold, Robert W, Ruben, James B, , Preschool vision screening: what should we be detecting and how should we report it? Uniform guidelines for reporting results of preschool vision screening studies. J AAPOS, 7(5), 314-6, 2003.
- Donahue, Sean P, Johnson, Tammy M, Ottar, Wanda, Scott, William E Sensitivity of photoscreening to detect high-magnitude amblyogenic factors. J AAPOS, 6(2), 86-91, 2002.
- Donahue, S P, Johnson, T M Age-based refinement of referral criteria for photoscreening. Ophthalmology, 108(12), 2309-14; discussion 2314-5, 2001.
- Donahue, S P, Porter, A SITA visual field testing in children. J AAPOS, 5(2), 114-7, 2001.
- Donahue, S P, Lavin, P J, Mohney, B, Hamed, L Skew deviation and inferior oblique palsy. Am J Ophthalmol, 132(5), 751-6, 2001.
- McCabe, C F, Donahue, S P Prognostic indicators for vision and mortality in shaken baby syndrome. Arch Ophthalmol, 118(3), 373-7, 2000.
- Donahue, S P Recurrence of idiopathic intracranial hypertension after weight loss: the carrot craver. Am J Ophthalmol, 130(6), 850-1, 2000.
- Donahue, S P, Johnson, T M, Leonard-Martin, T C Screening for amblyogenic factors using a volunteer lay network and the MTI photoscreener. Initial results from 15,000 preschool children in a statewide effort. Ophthalmology, 107(9), 1637-44; discussion 1645-6, 2000.
- Donahue, S P, Wall, M, Kutzko, K E, Kardon, R H Automated perimetry in amblyopia: a generalized depression. Am J Ophthalmol, 127(3), 312-21, 1999.
- Khoury, J M, Donahue, S P, Lavin, P J, Tsai, J C Comparison of 24-2 and 30-2 perimetry in glaucomatous and nonglaucomatous optic neuropathies. J Neuroophthalmol, 19(2), 100-8, 1999.
- Fang, J P, Donahue, S P, Lin, R H Global visual field involvement in acute unilateral optic neuritis. Am J Ophthalmol, 128(5), 554-65, 1999.
- Donahue, S P Perimetry techniques in neuro-ophthalmology. Curr Opin Ophthalmol, 10(6), 420-8, 1999.
- Fang, J P, Lin, R H, Donahue, S P Recovery of visual field function in the optic neuritis treatment trial. Am J Ophthalmol, 128(5), 566-72, 1999.
- Bullard, S R, Donahue, S P, Feman, S S, Sinatra, R B, Walsh, W F The decreasing incidence and severity of retinopathy of prematurity. J AAPOS, 3(1), 46-52, 1999.
- Donahue, S P, Lavin, P J, Hamed, L M Tonic ocular tilt reaction simulating a superior oblique palsy: diagnostic confusion with the 3-step test. Arch Ophthalmol, 117(3), 347-52, 1999.
- Paviglianiti, J C, Donahue, S P Unilateral retinal hemorrhages and ipsilateral intracranial bleeds in nonaccidental trauma. J AAPOS, 3(6), 383-4, 1999.
- Hughes, T S, Abou-Khalil, B, Lavin, P J, Fakhoury, T, Blumenkopf, B, Donahue, S P Visual field defects after temporal lobe resection: a prospective quantitative analysis. Neurology, 53(1), 167-72, 1999.
- Donahue, S P Human immunodeficiency virus-associated vision loss: electroretinogram attenuation. Am J Ophthalmol, 126(5), 729-31, 1998.
- Donahue, S P, Wall, M, Stanek, K E Motion perimetry in anisometropic amblyopia: elevated size thresholds extend into the midperiphery. J AAPOS, 2(2), 94-101, 1998.
- Donahue, S P, Schwartz, G Preseptal and orbital cellulitis in childhood. A changing microbiologic spectrum. Ophthalmology, 105(10), 1902-5; discussion 1905-6, 1998.
- Donahue, S P, Taylor, R J Pupil-sparing third nerve palsy associated with sildenafil citrate (Viagra). Am J Ophthalmol, 126(3), 476-7, 1998.
- Donahue, S P, Moore, P, Kardon, R H Automated pupil perimetry in amblyopia: generalized depression in the involved eye. Ophthalmology, 104(12), 2161-7, 1997.
- Donahue, S P, Khoury, J M, Kowalski, R P Common ocular infections. A prescriber''s guide. Drugs, 52(4), 526-40, 1996.
- Donahue, S P, Lavin, P J, Digre, K False-negative hydroxyamphetamine (Paredrine) test in acute Horner''s syndrome. Am J Ophthalmol, 122(6), 900-1, 1996.