Xiaohong Li, Ph.D
Research Assistant Professor of Cancer Biology
- Kiskowski MA, Jackson RS 2nd, Banerjee J, Li X, Kang M, Iturregui JM, Franco OE, Hayward SW, Bhowmick NA. Role for stromal heterogeneity in prostate tumorigenesis. Cancer Research, 713459-3470, 2011.
- Placencio, VR, Li, X, Sherrill, TP, Fritz, G, Bhowmick, NA Bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells incorporate into the prostate during regrowth. PLoS One, 5(9), e12920, 2010.
- Li, X, Martinez-Ferrer, M, Botta, V, Uwamariya, C, Banerjee, J, Bhowmick, NA Epithelial Hic-5/ARA55 expression contributes to prostate tumorigenesis and castrate responsiveness. Oncogene, 2010.
- Li, X, Wang, Y, Sharif-Afshar, AR, Uwamariya, C, Yi, A, Ishii, K, Hayward, SW, Matusik, RJ, Bhowmick, NA Urothelial transdifferentiation to prostate epithelia is mediated by paracrine TGF-beta signaling. Differentiation, 77(1), 95-102, 2009.
- Li, X, Placencio, V, Iturregui, JM, Uwamariya, C, Sharif-Afshar, AR, Koyama, T, Hayward, SW, Bhowmick, NA Prostate tumor progression is mediated by a paracrine TGF-beta/Wnt3a signaling axis. Oncogene, 27(56), 7118-30, 2008.
- Placencio, VR, Sharif-Afshar, AR, Li, X, Huang, H, Uwamariya, C, Neilson, EG, Shen, MM, Matusik, RJ, Hayward, SW, Bhowmick, NA Stromal transforming growth factor-beta signaling mediates prostatic response to androgen ablation by paracrine Wnt activity. Cancer Res, 68(12), 4709-18, 2008.
- Li, XH, Kakkad, B, Ong, DE Estrogen directly induces expression of retinoic acid biosynthetic enzymes, compartmentalized between the epithelium and underlying stromal cells in rat uterus. Endocrinology, 145(10), 4756-62, 2004.
- Li, XH, Ong, DE Cellular retinoic acid-binding protein II gene expression is directly induced by estrogen, but not retinoic acid, in rat uterus. J Biol Chem, 278(37), 35819-25, 2003.
- Li XH, Li H, Xiao ZJ, Piao YS Divergent effects of retinoic acids on the expression of ERalpha and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 in endometrial carcinoma cells (RL 95-2). J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 87(2), 640-649, 2002.