If you are a fan of Desperate Housewives, you may be familiar with the recent lung cancer storyline for Karen McCluskey, the nosy and outspoken neighbor played by actress Kathryn Joosten. Her experience was not very realistic and the storyline way too brief, but one piece of the story was very real: you don’t have to smoke to get lung cancer. Learn more about lung cancer in never smokers and what’s being done to uncover the causes.
- VICC Offers Lung Cancer Screens
- Breast SPORE Grant Renewed Again
- NIH Grant Supports Colon Research
- Lovly earns Damon Runyon Cancer Research Award
- Home Page
- Feature: Did You Smoke?
- Feature: DNA Mechanics
- Feature: Words to Live By
- Feature: Cancer Care Gets Personal
- Director's Letter
- A Closer Look
- Spotlight on Multiple Myeloma
- Stories of Survival
- Quick Takes
- Journal Watch