Where Can I Find Out More About Choosing a Doctor or Treatment Facility?
- The National Cancer Institute offers guidance about selecting a doctor or a treatment facility at its website:
- Its online list of NCI-designated centers
- Its online fact sheet about selecting a cancer facility or specialist
- The National Comprehensive Cancer Network is a non-profit alliance of 21 of the world’s leading cancer centers dedicated to working in collaboration to improve the quality of care for cancer patients everywhere.
- The American Cancer Society offers information about cancer centers and treatment services at www.cancer.org or (800) ACS-2345.
- WebMD offers a section about making decisions about cancer treatment teams and therapy options at Cancer Care: Choosing Your Best Treatment Team
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer at www.facs.org/cancer
- The American Society of Clinical Oncology, www.cancer.net, including a "find an oncologist" searchable database
- The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations at www.jointcommission.org and its section on quality indicators at www.qualitycheck.org
- The American Board of Medical Specialties, www.abms.org
- Search for information about our doctors