Radiation Therapy Program
- NOTE: Vanderbilt has elected to discontinue the RTT program with the current graduating class of 2013 being the last class we will accept.
The mission and vision of the Radiation Therapy Program are consistent with those of the Vanderbilt University Medical Center and focus on advancement of radiation oncology through excellence in education.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
The mission of the Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to bring the full measure of human knowledge, talent, and compassion to bear on the healing of sickness and injury and the advancement of health and wellness … through preeminent programs in patient care, education and research.
Radiation Therapy Program
The mission of the Radiation Therapy Program is to provide a high quality competency based professional education through a hospital based certificate-granting program, thereby enriching the profession of Radiation Therapy. Students will be selected based on objective criteria and educated utilizing lectures by Program faculty, guest lecturers and related workshops in the medical center that will allow students to complete the required coursework and graduate within the scheduled time, pass the ARRT exam in Radiation Therapy, and begin careers as radiation therapists or continue their education.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center Vision Statement
- service to our patients and our communities
- education and research
- respect for our patients and for each other
- quality, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness
- collaboration and caring
- careful use of our resources
Radiation Therapy Program Vision Statement
Utilizing the resources and innovative educational techniques available in the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, the program promotes radiation therapy education and enhances the field of radiation oncology.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center Goals
Our goals are…
- provision of high quality, caring and cost-effective services (so as to ensure that we are the area health care provider of choice)
- development of a multi-specialty group practice with an expanded primary care component in its midst
- creation of an integrated and comprehensive regional health care delivery system
- career satisfaction for our people.
Radiation Therapy Program Goals
The Vanderbilt Department of Radiation Oncology Program in Radiation Therapy adheres to the following goals to achieve the mission and vision statements of the program. High quality didactic education as measured by 80% or more of:
- Graduates will be competent in patient alignment skills.
- Employers will be satisfied with the performance of graduates from the Radiation Therapy Program.
- Students will have a good understanding of the importance for involvement in continuing education through professional affiliation and writing a paper of effectiveness.
- Students will be able to recognize discrepancies in patient set up and treatment and correct for them.