The Center for Cancer Targeted Therapies sponsors a range of activities to facilitate communication and collaboration among its investigators.
Regularly-scheduled seminar and series
Molecular Tumor Boards
- These monthly meetings bring together physicians, researchers, patient advocates, and trainees to discuss informative patient cases.
Visiting Professor (ViP) Seminar Series
- This series brings in nationally renowned translational and clinical researchers to Vanderbilt-Ingram. The guests deliver a research seminar for Cancer Center members and are paired with a junior or mid-level clinical investigator to promote collaboration, networking and mentorship opportunities. Past speakers have included:
- Jeffrey Settleman, Ph.D., of Genentech
- Keith Flaherty, M.D., of Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School
- Christopher Kemp, Ph.D., of Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington
- These colloquia are designed to foster collaboration between Vanderbilt-Ingram investigators and pharmaceutical partners. Research and development leaders from the industry are invited to present their portfolio and/or areas of interest. These interactions provide exciting opportunities to bring "first-in-man" drug trials to Vanderbilt-Ingram.
- C2T2 studios bring together a multidisciplinary group of investigators to discuss new ideas for early phase clinical trials. The studios provide critical feedback for research study design and ensure that early phase trials have the necessary levels of institutional support.
First Cancer Imaging Translational Science Retreat
Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University Institute of Imaging Science, and the Department of Radiology co-sponsored the first annual Cancer Imaging Translational Science Retreat on May 25, 2015.
- View archived video of presentations (VUNet ID required)