Brent Rexer, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine (Hematology/Oncology)
2220 Pierce Ave.
777 Preston Research Building
Nashville, TN 37232-6307
Dr. Rexer is an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Hematology/Oncology. He completed residency and fellowship training at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, after attending medical school at Vanderbilt and earning a Ph.D. in Biochemistry. His research aims to understand mechanisms of resistance to targeted therapies in cancer and identify potential therapies to overcome that resistance. In particular, he is focused on studying therapeutic resistance to lapatinib, a tyrosine kinase inhibitor of HER2, in breast cancer. Dr. Rexer is an active member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the American Association for Cancer Research.
- Baylor University, B.S., Chemistry, 1994
- Vanderbilt University, Ph.D., Biochemistry, 2001
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, M.D., 2003
- Internship and Residency, Internal Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 2005
- Fellowship in Hematology/Oncology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 2009