Mia Levy, M.D., Ph.D.
Ingram Assistant Professor of Cancer Research
Assistant Professor of Medicine (Biomedical Informatics)
Cancer Clinical Informatics Officer, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center
Patient Contact Information:
Further Information: 1-800-663-8422
Vanderbilt Breast Center One Hundred Oaks
719 Thompson Lane, Suite 25000
Nashville, TN 37204
Phone: 615-322-2064; Referring Physicians: 615-343-9283
Healthcare Provider Contact Information:
Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
2220 Pierce Ave
Nashville, TN 37232-6838
Dr. Mia A. Levy is the Cancer Clinical Informatics Officer for the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center and an Assistant Professor of Biomedical Informatics and Medicine.
Dr. Levy received her undergraduate degree in Bioengineering from The University of Pennsylvania in 1997 and her Medical Doctorate from Rush University in 2003. She then spent 6 years at Stanford University completing post-graduate training in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology while simultaneously pursuing her PhD in Biomedical Informatics. She joined the faculty at Vanderbilt as an Assistant Professor in Biomedical Informatics and Medicine in August 2009.
Cancer Informatics, Chemotherapy Order Management, Treatment Response Assessment, Knowledge Representation, and Breast Cancer.
- Levy, MA, Rubin, DL Current and future trends in imaging informatics for oncology. Cancer J, 17(4), 203-10, 2011.
- Mani, S, Chen, Y, Arlinghaus, LR, Li, X, Chakravarthy, AB, Bhave, SR, Welch, EB, Levy, MA, Yankeelov, TE Early prediction of the response of breast tumors to neoadjuvant chemotherapy using quantitative MRI and machine learning. AMIA Annu Symp Proc, 2011868-77, 2011.
- Xu, H, Fu, Z, Shah, A, Chen, Y, Peterson, NB, Chen, Q, Mani, S, Levy, MA, Dai, Q, Denny, JC Extracting and integrating data from entire electronic health records for detecting colorectal cancer cases. AMIA Annu Symp Proc, 20111564-72, 2011.
- Levy, MA, Giuse, DA, Eck, C, Holder, G, Lippard, G, Cartwright, J, Rudge, NK Integrated information systems for electronic chemotherapy medication administration. J Oncol Pract, 7(4), 226-30, 2011.
- Shitaka, Y, Tran, HT, Bennett, RE, Sanchez, L, Levy, MA, Dikranian, K, Brody, DL Repetitive closed-skull traumatic brain injury in mice causes persistent multifocal axonal injury and microglial reactivity. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol, 70(7), 551-67, 2011.
- Wagenseil, JE, Ciliberto, CH, Knutsen, RH, Levy, MA, Kovacs, A, Mecham, RP The importance of elastin to aortic development in mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol, 299(2), H257-64, 2010.
- Wagenseil, JE, Ciliberto, CH, Knutsen, RH, Levy, MA, Kovacs, A, Mecham, RP Reduced vessel elasticity alters cardiovascular structure and function in newborn mice. Circ Res, 104(10), 1217-24, 2009.
- Levy, MA, O''Connor, MJ, Rubin, DL Semantic reasoning with image annotations for tumor assessment. AMIA Annu Symp Proc, 2009359-63, 2009.
- Jones, KE, Patel, NG, Levy, MA, Storeygard, A, Balk, D, Gittleman, JL, Daszak, P Global trends in emerging infectious diseases. Nature, 451(7181), 990-3, 2008.
- Seah, C, Levy, MA, Jiang, Y, Mokhtarzada, S, Higgs, DR, Gibbons, RJ, BÃ©rubÃ©, NG Neuronal death resulting from targeted disruption of the Snf2 protein ATRX is mediated by p53. J Neurosci, 28(47), 12570-80, 2008.
- Levy, MA, Fernandes, AD, Tremblay, DC, Seah, C, BÃ©rubÃ©, NG The SWI/SNF protein ATRX co-regulates pseudoautosomal genes that have translocated to autosomes in the mouse genome. BMC Genomics, 9468, 2008.
- Levy, MA, Rubin, DL Tool support to enable evaluation of the clinical response to treatment. AMIA Annu Symp Proc, 399-403, 2008.
- Levy, MA, Garg, A, Tam, A, Garten, Y, Rubin, DL LesionViewer: a tool for tracking cancer lesions over time. AMIA Annu Symp Proc, 443-7, 2007.
- Lim, Y, Levy, MA, Bray, TM Dietary supplementation of N-acetylcysteine enhances early inflammatory responses during cutaneous wound healing in protein malnourished mice. J Nutr Biochem, 17(5), 328-36, 2006.
- Kozel, BA, Rongish, BJ, Czirok, A, Zach, J, Little, CD, Davis, EC, Knutsen, RH, Wagenseil, JE, Levy, MA, Mecham, RP Elastic fiber formation: a dynamic view of extracellular matrix assembly using timer reporters. J Cell Physiol, 207(1), 87-96, 2006.
- Bonnans, C, Fukunaga, K, Levy, MA, Levy, BD Lipoxin A(4) regulates bronchial epithelial cell responses to acid injury. Am J Pathol, 168(4), 1064-72, 2006.
- Levy, MA, Haglund, P, Plaut, L, Emde, R, Stewart, M, Shaw, R, Ilvonen, C, Buirski, CK, Singer, M, Hea, R, Edwards, W Healing after Columbine: reflections of psychoanalytic responders to community trauma. J Am Psychoanal Assoc, 52(3), 759-81, 2004.
- Ward, KW, Medina, SJ, Portelli, ST, Mahar Doan, KM, Spengler, MD, Ben, MM, Lundberg, D, Levy, MA, Chen, EP Enhancement of in vitro and in vivo microdialysis recovery of SB-265123 using Intralipid and Encapsin as perfusates. Biopharm Drug Dispos, 24(1), 17-25, 2003.
- Ward, KW, Proksch, JW, Salyers, KL, Azzarano, LM, Morgan, JA, Roethke, TJ, McSurdy-Freed, JE, Levy, MA, Smith, BR SB-242235, a selective inhibitor of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase. I: preclinical pharmacokinetics. Xenobiotica, 32(3), 221-33, 2002.
- Ward, KW, Proksch, JW, Gorycki, PD, Yu, CP, Ho, MY, Bush, BD, Levy, MA, Smith, BR SB-242235, a selective inhibitor of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase. II: in vitro and in vivo metabolism studies and pharmacokinetic extrapolation to man. Xenobiotica, 32(3), 235-50, 2002.
- Ph.D., Biomedical Informatics: Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- M.D: Rush University School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Residency: Stanford University Hospitals and Clinics, Stanford, CA
- Fellowship: Stanford University Hospitals and Clinics, Stanford, CA