Peter E. Clark, M.D.
Associate Professor of Urologic Surgery
Patient Contact Information:
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Urologic Surgery<br />3823 The Vanderbilt Clinic
Nashville, TN 37232-5770
Further Information: 1-800-811-8480
Nashville Veterans Affairs Medical Center
1310 24th Ave. South
Nashville , TN 37212-2637
Healthcare Provider Contact Information:
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Department of Urologic Surgery
A-1302 Medical Center North
Nashville, TN 37232-2765
My primary clinical interest is the surgical managementof genitourinary malignancies including cancer of kidney,bladder, prostate, testicle, and penis. My research interests arein the mechanisms of apoptosis in cancers of genitourinary tractand in particular the kidney and bladder.
Urologic Oncology and Molecular Biology of Kidney Cancer
- Gwynn, ES, Clark, PE Bladder cancer. Curr Opin Oncol, 18(3), 277-83, 2006.
- Rackley, JD, Clark, PE, Hall, MC Complementary and alternative medicine for advanced prostate cancer. Urol Clin North Am, 33(2), 237-46, viii, 2006.
- Lockett, KL, Hall, MC, Clark, PE, Chuang, SC, Robinson, B, Lin, HY, Su, LJ, Hu, JJ DNA damage levels in prostate cancer cases and controls. Carcinogenesis, 27(6), 1187-93, 2006.
- Rossi, PJ, Clark, PE, Papagikos, MA, McCullough, DL, Lee, WR Percentage of positive biopsies associated with freedom from biochemical recurrence after low-dose-rate prostate brachytherapy alone for clinically localized prostate cancer. Urology, 67(2), 349-53, 2006.
- Clark, PE, Hall, MC, Borden, LS, Miller, AA, Hu, JJ, Lee, WR, Stindt, D, D''Agostino, R, Lovato, J, Harmon, M, Torti, FM Phase I-II prospective dose-escalating trial of lycopene in patients with biochemical relapse of prostate cancer after definitive local therapy. Urology, 67(6), 1257-61, 2006.
- Borden, LS, Clark, PE, Lovato, J, Hall, MC, Stindt, D, Harmon, M, M Mohler, R, Torti, FM Vinorelbine, doxorubicin, and prednisone in androgen-independent prostate cancer. Cancer, 107(5), 1093-100, 2006.
- Clark, PE, Farver, CF, Ulchaker, JC, Angermeier, K A rare case of an extra-adrenal myelolipoma arising in the renal sinus: a case report and review of the literature. ScientificWorldJournal, 5109-17, 2005.
- Borden, LS, Clark, PE, Hall, MC Bladder cancer. Curr Opin Oncol, 17(3), 275-80, 2005.
- Clark, PE, Hall, MC Contemporary management of the urethra in patients after radical cystectomy for bladder cancer. Urol Clin North Am, 32(2), 199-206, 2005.
- Papagikos, MA, Deguzman, AF, Rossi, PJ, McCullough, DL, Clark, PE, Lee, WR Dosimetric quantifiers for low-dose-rate prostate brachytherapy: is V(100) superior to D(90). Brachytherapy, 4(4), 252-8, 2005.
- Gwynn, ES, Clark, PE Inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor associated with renal cell carcinoma. Urology, 66(4), 880, 2005.
- Clark, PE, Stein, JP, Groshen, SG, Cai, J, Miranda, G, Lieskovsky, G, Skinner, DG Radical cystectomy in the elderly: Comparison of survival between younger and older patients. Cancer, 103(3), 546-52, 2005.
- Clark, PE, Stein, JP, Groshen, SG, Cai, J, Miranda, G, Lieskovsky, G, Skinner, DG Radical cystectomy in the elderly: comparison of clincal outcomes between younger and older patients. Cancer, 104(1), 36-43, 2005.
- Gwynn, ES, Clark, PE, Hall, MC Recent advances in the treatment of bladder cancer. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther, 5(6), 1023-30, 2005.
- Borden, LS, Clark, PE, Hall, MC Bladder cancer. Curr Opin Oncol, 16(3), 257-62, 2004.
- Clark, PE, Streem, SB Endourologic management of upper tract transitional cell carcinoma. ScientificWorldJournal, 4 Suppl 162-75, 2004.
- Quek, ML, Stein, JP, Clark, PE, Daneshmand, S, Miranda, G, Cai, J, Groshen, S, Cote, RJ, Lieskovsky, G, Quinn, DI, Skinner, DG Microscopic and gross extravesical extension in pathological staging of bladder cancer. J Urol, 171(2 Pt 1), 640-5, 2004.
- Zagoria, RJ, Hawkins, AD, Clark, PE, Hall, MC, Matlaga, BR, Dyer, RB, Chen, MY Percutaneous CT-guided radiofrequency ablation of renal neoplasms: factors influencing success. AJR Am J Roentgenol, 183(1), 201-7, 2004.
- Clark, PE, Hall, MC, Miller, A, Ridenhour, KP, Stindt, D, Lovato, JF, Patton, SE, Brinkley, W, Das, S, Torti, FM Phase II trial of combination interferon-alpha and thalidomide as first-line therapy in metastatic renal cell carcinoma. Urology, 63(6), 1061-5, 2004.
- Clark, PE, Veys, JA, Eskridge, MR, Woodruff, RD, Hall, MC Prognostic significance of clinicopathologic and deoxyribonucleic acid flow cytometric variables in non-metastatic renal cell carcinoma in the modern era. Urol Oncol, 23(5), 328-32, 2004.
- Matlaga, BR, Zagoria, RJ, Clark, PE, Hall, MC Radiofrequency ablation of renal tumors. Curr Urol Rep, 5(1), 39-44, 2004.
- Lockett, KL, Hall, MC, Xu, J, Zheng, SL, Berwick, M, Chuang, SC, Clark, PE, Cramer, SD, Lohman, K, Hu, JJ The ADPRT V762A genetic variant contributes to prostate cancer susceptibility and deficient enzyme function. Cancer Res, 64(17), 6344-8, 2004.
- Clark, PE, Stein, JP, Groshen, SG, Miranda, G, Cai, J, Lieskovsky, G, Skinner, DG The management of urethral transitional cell carcinoma after radical cystectomy for invasive bladder cancer. J Urol, 172(4 Pt 1), 1342-7, 2004.
- Kubinski, DJ, Clark, PE, Assimos, DG, Hall, MC Utility of frozen section analysis of resection margins during partial nephrectomy. Urology, 64(1), 31-4, 2004.
- Jia, L, Kim, J, Shen, H, Clark, PE, Tilley, WD, Coetzee, GA Androgen receptor activity at the prostate specific antigen locus: steroidal and non-steroidal mechanisms. Mol Cancer Res, 1(5), 385-92, 2003.
- Borden, LS, Clark, PE, Hall, MC Bladder cancer. Curr Opin Oncol, 15(3), 227-33, 2003.
- Quek, ML, Stein, JP, Clark, PE, Daneshmand, S, Miranda, G, Cai, J, Groshen, S, Lieskovsky, G, Quinn, DI, Raghavan, D, Skinner, DG Natural history of surgically treated bladder carcinoma with extravesical tumor extension. Cancer, 98(5), 955-61, 2003.
- Clark, PE, Torti, FM Prostate cancer and bone metastases: medical treatment. Clin Orthop Relat Res, (415 Suppl), S148-57, 2003.
- Clark, PE, Irvine, RA, Coetzee, GA The androgen receptor CAG repeat and prostate cancer risk. Methods Mol Med, 81255-66, 2003.
- Wilson, SS, Clark, PE, Stein, JP Angiomyolipoma with vena caval extension. Urology, 60(4), 695-6, 2002.
- Clark, PE Urinary diversion after radical cystectomy. Curr Treat Options Oncol, 3(5), 389-402, 2002.
- Clark, PE, Novick, AC Exophytic noninvasive growth pattern of renal angiomyolipomas: implications for nephron sparing surgery. J Urol, 165(2), 513-4, 2001.
- Clark, PE, Peereboom, DM, Dreicer, R, Levin, HS, Clark, SB, Klein, EA Phase II trial of neoadjuvant estramustine and etoposide plus radical prostatectomy for locally advanced prostate cancer. Urology, 57(2), 281-5, 2001.
- Clark, PE, Schover, LR, Uzzo, RG, Hafez, KS, Rybicki, LA, Novick, AC Quality of life and psychological adaptation after surgical treatment for localized renal cell carcinoma: impact of the amount of remaining renal tissue. Urology, 57(2), 252-6, 2001.
- Clark, PE, Streem, SB, Geisinger, MA 13-year experience with percutaneous management of upper tract transitional cell carcinoma. J Urol, 161(3), 772-5; discussion 775-6, 1999.
- Uzzo, RG, Clark, PE, Rayman, P, Bloom, T, Rybicki, L, Novick, AC, Bukowski, RM, Finke, JH Alterations in NFkappaB activation in T lymphocytes of patients with renal cell carcinoma. J Natl Cancer Inst, 91(8), 718-21, 1999.
- Uzzo, RG, Rayman, P, Kolenko, V, Clark, PE, Bloom, T, Ward, AM, Molto, L, Tannenbaum, C, Worford, LJ, Bukowski, R, Tubbs, R, Hsi, ED, Bander, NH, Novick, AC, Finke, JH Mechanisms of apoptosis in T cells from patients with renal cell carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res, 5(5), 1219-29, 1999.
- Uzzo, RG, Rayman, P, Kolenko, V, Clark, PE, Cathcart, MK, Bloom, T, Novick, AC, Bukowski, RM, Hamilton, T, Finke, JH Renal cell carcinoma-derived gangliosides suppress nuclear factor-kappaB activation in T cells. J Clin Invest, 104(6), 769-76, 1999.
- Clark, PE, Klein, EA Surgery for invasive bladder tumors: technique and outcome. Curr Opin Urol, 9(5), 413-8, 1999.
- Capelouto, CC, Clark, PE, Ransil, BJ, Loughlin, KR A review of scrotal violation in testicular cancer: is adjuvant local therapy necessary. J Urol, 153(3 Pt 2), 981-5, 1995.
- B.S. Cornell University, Ithaca NY
- M.D. Harvard Medical School, Boston MA
- Urologic Residency: The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland OH
- Urologic Oncology Fellowship: The University of Southern California, Los Angeles CA