Stacey A. Goodman, M.D.
Professor of Medicine (Hematology/Oncology)
Director, Special Fellowship Program for Marrow Transplant
Patient Contact Information:
Further Information: 877-936-8422
Nashville Veterans Affairs Medical Center
1310 24th Ave. South
Nashville , TN 37212-2637
Healthcare Provider Contact Information:
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
1301 Medical Center Dr. Suite 3927
Nashville, TN 37232
Dr. Goodman specializes in hematological malignancies and stem cell transplantation. Due to the technical nature and difficulty of bone marrow transplants, she collaborates with several centers nationally as well as numerous divisions within Vanderbilt. One such collaboration is with the Division of Dermatology to study treatment options for graft- versus- host disease.
Dr. Goodman is also involved in collaborative efforts with the San Antonio Bone Marrow Transplant Center to study the outcome of allogeneic bone marrow transplants following a relapse from autologous bone marrow transplants. As one of three Bone Marrow Transplant Directors in the National Veterans Affairs System, she provides a unique leadership role. Dr. Goodman is also one of the lead contributors to the Intergroup trial of stem cell transplantation and multiple myeloma. Her specialties include hematologic malignancies (leukemia, lymphoma) and stem cell transplantation.
- New York University School of Medicine, M.D., 1983-1987
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 1987-1988
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 1988-1990
- Senior Staff Fellow, National Institutes of Health, 1990-1992
- Fellowship, Hematology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 1992-1993