Cancer Center Support Grant Funding Opportunity
VICC Pilot Projects in Health Services and Behavioral Research
Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center (VICC) is pleased to announce the availability of funds to support pilot projects in health services and behavioral research focused on reducing racial/ethnic disparities in access to clinical trials with standard and investigational therapies. The overall purpose of this initiative is to 1) identify barriers to recruitment of minorities into clinical trials in cancer, and 2) develop interventions to increase awareness and recruitment of minorities into clinical trials.
- Up to $30,000 (direct costs)
- The project must not be currently funded by other mechanisms external to the VICC. If there is partial funding for it, the need for additional funds should be clearly documented.
- Grants will be awarded in the Fall of 2013
- The PI must be VICC member or Vanderbilt University or Meharry Medical Center faculty
- If the project involves working with a clinical consortium, Vanderbilt must be the lead PI of the project
- Application Form (Word Doc)
- Questions from interested individuals may be directed to: Ms. Brandon Fox (6-3592) email@example.com .
Application Schedule & Requirements:
Interested investigators must submit proposal materials to the VICC in order to be considered for this funding opportunity no later than September 27, 2013 at 5 PM. The materials will be reviewed by an internal review committee and are to include:
- PHS 398 Face Page
- Project Summary/Key Personnel (PHS 398 Form Page 2)
- 1 page title, specific aims and brief description of the collaborative relationship of the investigators
- A description of the proposed research (no more than three pages) to include significance, innovation, approach and preliminary data (if available)
- References (one page maximum)
- Current biosketch of project PI or Co-PIs
- PHS 398 Budget and Justification
Please submit: 1) the original application plus two copies and 2) a single PDF containing all proposal materials to Brandon Fox (691 PRB) firstname.lastname@example.org .