- Translate the latest mechanism-based insights into well-designed clinical trials. One of the main strengths of the clinical activities of the SPORE has been the ability to build on important pre-clinical and clinical observations from Vanderbilt investigators in the last grant period, and use these as rationale for designing the clinical trials proposed in this competing renewal.
- Streamline human sample collection in these clinical trials. The current clinical trials structure within the VICC Breast Cancer Program has established streamlined procedures for specimen collection; close collaboration with Pathology and Tissue Informatics Core is instrumental for coordinating this.
- Minimize delays in protocol activation and promote timely completion of SPORE clinical trials.
- Ensure safety of research subjects, adherence to institutional and federal regulatory
- Provide the expertise and manpower to develop, implement, manage and monitor all Breast SPORE clinical trials.