Tuya Pal, MD
- Associate Director for Cancer Health Disparities
- Ingram Professor of Cancer Research
- Professor of Medicine
- Professor of Pediatrics
My research is focused on identification of basic or clinical research: genetic risk factors that place individuals at a higher risk for cancer, as well as strategies to reduce this risk, including efforts focused in underserved populations. My research spans both the cancer prevention and control continuum as well as the care delivery continuum. Since 2005, I have led multiple studies to investigate the etiology of early onset breast cancer in black women. Since I created the <a href="https://inheritedcancer.net/"> Inherited Cancer Registry (ICARE) Initiative</a> in 2010, I have led multiple efforts to better understand the provision of clinical cancer genetic services across diverse populations, healthcare settings, and providers, at both the patient and provider level.
- M.D., McGill University, Montreal, Canada (1992)
- Rivers DA, Pal T, Vadaparampil ST, Adams LA, Dash-Pitts L, Quinn GP. A community-academic partnership to explore informational needs of African American women as a primer for cancer clinical trial recruitment. Ethn Health [print-electronic]. 2017 Aug 8/22/2017; 1-15. PMID: 28826243, DOI: 10.1080/13557858.2017.1367762, ISSN: 1465-3419.
- Daly MB, Pilarski R, Berry M, Buys SS, Farmer M, Friedman S, Garber JE, Kauff ND, Khan S, Klein C, Kohlmann W, Kurian A, Litton JK, Madlensky L, Merajver SD, Offit K, Pal T, Reiser G, Shannon KM, Swisher E, Vinayak S, Voian NC, Weitzel JN, Wick MJ, Wiesner GL, Dwyer M, Darlow S. NCCN Guidelines Insights: Genetic/Familial High-Risk Assessment: Breast and Ovarian, Version 2.2017. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2017 Jan; 15(1): 9-20. PMID: 28040716, PII: 15/1/9, ISSN: 1540-1413.
- Daly MB, Pilarski R, Axilbund JE, Berry M, Buys SS, Crawford B, Farmer M, Friedman S, Garber JE, Khan S, Klein C, Kohlmann W, Kurian A, Litton JK, Madlensky L, Marcom PK, Merajver SD, Offit K, Pal T, Rana H, Reiser G, Robson ME, Shannon KM, Swisher E, Voian NC, Weitzel JN, Whelan A, Wick MJ, Wiesner GL, Dwyer M, Kumar R, Darlow S. Genetic/Familial High-Risk Assessment: Breast and Ovarian, Version 2.2015. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2016 Feb; 14(2): 153-62. PMID: 26850485, PII: 14/2/153, ISSN: 1540-1413.