Alaina Brown, M.D., M.P.H.
- Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Dr. Brown is a gynecologic oncologist who focuses on the surgical and medical treatment of gynecologic malignancies including ovarian, fallopian, primary peritoneal, endometrial, vulvar, vaginal, and cervical cancers. Dr. Brown received her undergraduate degree at Baylor University and her medical degree at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston McGovern Medical School. She received a Master of Public Health from the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. Dr. Brown completed a residency in Gynecology and Obstetrics at the Johns Hopkins Hospital and a fellowship in Gynecologic Oncology at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. She joined the faculty at Vanderbilt in 2016. Dr. Brown's research interests include patient-provider communication, patient quality of life, and palliative care.
- MPH, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School of Public Health, Houston, TX (2014)
- MD, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston McGovern Medical School, Houston, TX (2008)
- BA, Baylor University, Waco, TX (2004)
- Fellowship - The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX (2016)
- Residency - The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD (2012)
- Internship - The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD (2009)