Elizabeth J. Davis, M.D.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Medical Director, Clinical Trials Office
Dr. Davis is a medical oncologist who specializes in the treatment of patients with bone and soft tissue sarcoma. She received her Bachelor of Science in biology from Duke University and her Doctor of Medicine degree from Wright State University School of Medicine. She then completed her Internal Medicine residency and Hematology-Oncology fellowship at the University of Michigan. Following completion of her training, she was a faculty member at the University of Michigan before coming to Vanderbilt in 2016.
Dr. Davis's primary research interests involve improving the medical management of sarcoma patients through the creation of novel treatment regimens and early phase clinical trials. She is interested in understanding drug resistance to current agents and exploring how the genetic differences in sarcoma subtypes can guide the development of targeted therapy. She serves as a clinical investigator on numerous clinical trials and is an active member of the American Society for Clinical Oncology, the Connective Tissue Oncology Society, and the Sarcoma Alliance for Research through Collaboration.
- M.D., Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio
- B.S., Biology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Michigan
- Fellowship, Hematology-Oncology, University of Michigan
- Davis EJ, Perez MC, Ayoubi N, Zhao S, Ye F, Wang DY, Sosman JA, Al-Rohil RN, Eroglu Z, Johnson DB. Clinical Correlates of Response to Anti-PD-1-based Therapy in Patients With Metastatic Melanoma. J. Immunother [print-electronic]. 2019 Mar 3/13/2019; PMID: 30882548, DOI: 10.1097/CJI.0000000000000258, ISSN: 1537-4513.
- Davis EJ, Salem JE, Young A, Green JR, Ferrell PB, Ancell KK, Lebrun-Vignes B, Moslehi JJ, Johnson DB. Hematologic Complications of Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors. Oncologist [print-electronic]. 2019 Feb 2/28/2019; PMID: 30819785, PII: theoncologist.2018-0574, DOI: 10.1634/theoncologist.2018-0574, ISSN: 1549-490X.
- Davis EJ, Johnson DB. Targeting tissue factor in advanced solid tumours. Lancet Oncol [print-electronic]. 2019 Feb 2/7/2019; PMID: 30745091, PII: S1470-2045(18)30912-4, DOI: 10.1016/S1470-2045(18)30912-4, ISSN: 1474-5488.
- Wang DY, Salem JE, Cohen JV, Chandra S, Menzer C, Ye F, Zhao S, Das S, Beckermann KE, Ha L, Rathmell WK, Ancell KK, Balko JM, Bowman C, Davis EJ, Chism DD, Horn L, Long GV, Carlino MS, Lebrun-Vignes B, Eroglu Z, Hassel JC, Menzies AM, Sosman JA, Sullivan RJ, Moslehi JJ, Johnson DB. Fatal Toxic Effects Associated With Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. JAMA Oncol. 2018 Dec 12/1/2018; 4(12): 1721-8. PMID: 30242316, PII: 2701721, DOI: 10.1001/jamaoncol.2018.3923, ISSN: 2374-2445.
- Pender A, Davis EJ, Chauhan D, Messiou C, Al-Muderis O, Thway K, Fisher C, Zaidi S, Miah A, Judson I, van der Graaf W, Keedy VL, Benson C, Jones RL. Poor treatment outcomes with palliative gemcitabine and docetaxel chemotherapy in advanced and metastatic synovial sarcoma. Med. Oncol. 2018 Aug 8/20/2018; 35(10): 131. PMID: 30128716, PMCID: PMC6105245, PII: 10.1007/s12032-018-1193-5, DOI: 10.1007/s12032-018-1193-5, ISSN: 1559-131X.
- Davis EJ, Johnson DB, Sosman JA, Chandra S. Melanoma: What do all the mutations mean?. Cancer [print-electronic]. 2018 Apr 4/17/2018; PMID: 29663336, DOI: 10.1002/cncr.31345, ISSN: 1097-0142.
- Wang DY, Johnson DB, Davis EJ. Toxicities Associated With PD-1/PD-L1 Blockade. Cancer J. 2017 Dec; 24(1): 36-40. PMID: 29360726, PII: 00130404-201801000-00007, DOI: 10.1097/PPO.0000000000000296, ISSN: 1540-336X.
- Davis EJ, Johnson DB. Enabling a genetically informed approach to cancer medicine: evaluation of the impact of comprehensive tumor sequencing. Per Med [print-electronic]. 2017 May; 14(3): 189-92. PMID: 28861116, PMCID: PMC5573119, DOI: 10.2217/pme-2017-0014, ISSN: 1741-0541.
- Davis EJ, Wu YM, Robinson D, Schuetze SM, Baker LH, Athanikar J, Cao X, Kunju LP, Chinnaiyan AM, Chugh R. Next generation sequencing of extraskeletal myxoid chondrosarcoma. Oncotarget. 2017 Mar 3/28/2017; 8(13): 21770-7. PMID: 28423517, PII: 15568, DOI: 10.18632/oncotarget.15568, ISSN: 1949-2553.
- Davis EJ, Chugh R. Spotlight on olaratumab in the treatment of soft-tissue sarcoma: design, development, and place in therapy. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2017; 11: 3579-87. PMID: 29263653, PMCID: PMC5732568, PII: dddt-11-3579, DOI: 10.2147/DDDT.S121298, ISSN: 1177-8881.